Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go?

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Loganfilm,
I think a number of us are curious as to how your service appointment with the Ford tech went yesterday? Hopefully they were able to fix your issues.

Fill us in!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well... I got a call from the service advisor yesterday afternoon. He said the engineer is ordering a lot of parts. I'm going to swing by there shortly and get a full update, but it looks like they'll be keeping it for awhile.

I had to work and wasn't able to meet with the guy directly.

Full update coming.

Good times.

Well... I got a call from the service advisor yesterday afternoon. He said the engineer is ordering a lot of parts. I'm going to swing by there shortly and get a full update, but it looks like they'll be keeping it for awhile.

I had to work and wasn't able to meet with the guy directly.

Full update coming.

Good times.

Well, it's certainly painful in the short term to be without your car, but hopefully it will be a longer term solution and you will at least have a more tolerable experience. I guess I would prefer the engineer to be ordering a lot of parts rather than telling me its normal or the like.

I did notice what you are talking about with the previous destinations on the NAV not being correct. Mine stores previous destinations but they are old - like it's not being updated or something.....

Fill us in with the details when you get a chance and Good Luck!

They are replacing the HUB? and the memory card. Have to wait till next week for parts to arrive, so I'm in a rental till then. The word is my APIM is OK, so not replacing that.

Engineer says new software coming in July is going to make everyone very happy and clear up a lot of problems. Also said problems can be caused by anything bumping the memory card... There was some discussion about that in another thread.

Didn't get to talk to the Engineer directly, but will try to when he installs the new parts next week.

Wonder if Microsoft is putting their best talent on it due to pressure from Ford?

Wonder if Microsoft is putting their best talent on it due to pressure from Ford?

No they just kidnapped a programmer from Apple HQ in Cupertino, drove him up to Seattle.

He's in Bill Gates covert basement writing new Microsoft new mobile OS code.

It's a secret.....shhhhhh.....

Lets hope it's not the guy who designed the RF antenna on the iPhone4! LOL

No they just kidnapped a programmer from Apple HQ in Cupertino, drove him up to Seattle.

He's in Bill Gates covert basement writing new Microsoft new mobile OS code.

It's a secret.....shhhhhh.....

Lets hope it's not the guy who designed the RF antenna on the iPhone4! LOL

It's not the antenna guy, he's the greeter at my local Walmart!

<crickets>

Still in the shop a week later.

No word.

ah...

just curious! :)

Just got an update.

"Still waiting on parts with no real ETA. Should be at least a few more days."

Apparently, the Wontwork-a-tron 5000 is very hard to get from the factory....

Day 7 in the shop and day 7 driving around Los Angeles in a rented CHEVY TAHOE.

how do you like the Tahoe? I've always liked the look of them... just expensive and must drink gas like crazy.

Just got an update.

"Still waiting on parts with no real ETA. Should be at least a few more days."

Apparently, the Wontwork-a-tron 5000 is very hard to get from the factory....

Day 7 in the shop and day 7 driving around Los Angeles in a rented CHEVY TAHOE.

I was getting about 12-15 mpg in my new Explorer. Shockingly, the giant Tahoe is getting about 18-20 and I drive it like a rental, if you know what I mean... Kinda nice being able to stomp on it and tear off in traffic again, like I used to do in my Aviator that I traded in and still miss every day.

I'm officially sick of complaining about this new Explorer. I've had nothing but problems, from ordering through delivery and then smashed expectations. My brand new car has been in the shop for a full week and there is no ETA on parts arriving, let alone conclusion.

My dealer has been great. Cory has been great. Everyone sure seems helpful. The problem is that I bought a vehicle that clearly isn't ready for market.

I wish it worked. It does not. I'm paying good money for this lemon and I'm tired of it.

I don't want this anymore.

I want out.

I'm officially sick of complaining about this new Explorer. I've had nothing but problems, from ordering through delivery and then smashed expectations. My brand new car has been in the shop for a full week and there is no ETA on parts arriving, let alone conclusion.

My dealer has been great. Cory has been great. Everyone sure seems helpful. The problem is that I bought a vehicle that clearly isn't ready for market.

I wish it worked. It does not. I'm paying good money for this lemon and I'm tired of it.

I don't want this anymore.

I want out.

Sorry to hear that man. I hope things work out for you, with or without your Explorer.

Hopefully Ford will pull through and take care of your issues FAST.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

After 8 days in the shop, I just picked up my Explorer.

Guess what???

SAME PROBLEMS EXIST.

They replaced the Hub and the memory card and I was told that the regional engineer went through everything and determined that this was what I needed. He never returned to confirm the correction. I never got to speak with him. My car was returned to me in the same condition I left it in. The systems do not work. We put in an address and watched the thing take a full ten minutes to plan a route TWO BLOCKS AWAY. It won't recognize my iphone through USB. When I call in to Sync Services, the voice is too faint to respond to. Before I would call and recall and recall until you could hear it. Same damn problem happening again. Same delays in operation. All of it.

I requested specifically that they do a full software reinstall. Apparently, the engineer didn't see this as necessary, as this was not done. All of my settings were still valid in the car, so I'm curious if the engineer really did a single thing. I have requested a full reinstall every single time I talk to them and I get shined saying that they Ford system won't allow this to take place. I call BS. This thing needs a full software reinstall. Period. That is exactly what you would do with a computer that is misbehaving and this is NO DIFFERENT.

I hate this car. I am telling every person I can not to buy one.

I'm also contacting an attorney in the morning to discuss California Lemon Law, to prepare for what I see as an eventual necessity.

This car is a complete piece of crap.

After 8 days in the shop, I just picked up my Explorer.

Guess what???

SAME PROBLEMS EXIST.

They replaced the Hub and the memory card and I was told that the regional engineer went through everything and determined that this was what I needed. He never returned to confirm the correction. I never got to speak with him. My car was returned to me in the same condition I left it in. The systems do not work. We put in an address and watched the thing take a full ten minutes to plan a route TWO BLOCKS AWAY. It won't recognize my iphone through USB. When I call in to Sync Services, the voice is too faint to respond to. Before I would call and recall and recall until you could hear it. Same damn problem happening again. Same delays in operation. All of it.

I requested specifically that they do a full software reinstall. Apparently, the engineer didn't see this as necessary, as this was not done. All of my settings were still valid in the car, so I'm curious if the engineer really did a single thing. I have requested a full reinstall every single time I talk to them and I get shined saying that they Ford system won't allow this to take place. I call BS. This thing needs a full software reinstall. Period. That is exactly what you would do with a computer that is misbehaving and this is NO DIFFERENT.

I hate this car. I am telling every person I can not to buy one.

I'm also contacting an attorney in the morning to discuss California Lemon Law, to prepare for what I see as an eventual necessity.

This car is a complete piece of crap.

Ugh... I'm REALLY disappointed. I thought for sure that Ford would make it right with you. I think you are right to talk with an attorney about getting your money back.

Cory - I, like many here, appreciate your efforts at resolving issues members have. I realize that you do your best to see that member's concerns are addressed. The following is not meant for you, as I'm sure you've done all you can to help LoganFilm. Please tell your boss at Ford that we Explorer owners EXPECT better service

I find it unforgiveable that these guys would call LoganFilm without double and triple checking to make sure that the problem was fixed. the engineer should have stuck around and verified the fix.

Hey Loganfilm, I had mentioned it on another thread that was removed but just wanted to mention it again since you mention attorney on this thread...

in cali, if the car is less than 30 days and you are really unhappy, are you able to just return it to dealer and tell them you dont want it? I live in Florida and thought i had heard somewhere that is possible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yesterday Logan was complaining things were taking too long, etc. so it sounds like today the dealer felt pressured to hurry up and put it back together without even reloading the software.

Back