Posting Polls?

VinceL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I was wondering how to post a poll? I read the faq and do not see the checkbox mentioned to create a poll.

I'm new here and am looking forward to being more active in these forums, and in time, contribute to this community.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anybody out there know?

Thanks for lettin' me know I'm not alone! Maybe I'll happen upon it one day. I am wondering if I need to buy the membership to activate it....hmmmm......

Go to the forum where you want to post your poll thread. Select "New Post" look for the poll options...

To add a poll to an existing thread look for the "Thread Tools" which is above the first post in the thread. Then select "Add a poll to this thread".

Thanks for the reply Rick. Something must be wrong with my account I think. When trying to add a poll to this thread as a test, under "Thread Tools", I don't have the add a poll option. I have the following choices:
Show Printable Version
Email this Page
Unsubscribe from this Thread

I am a member of a Edge/MKX forum on another board and can add polls there, so I'm a bit confused as to why it is not cooperating here. Do I need to have a certain number of posts? I noticed that at the bottom of the reply to thread window it says that I may not post attachments. Could that have something to do with it somehow?

Something must be wrong with my account I think. When trying to add a poll to this thread as a test, under "Thread Tools", I don't have the add a poll option. I have the following choices:
Show Printable Version
Email this Page
Unsubscribe from this Thread

same here

Did you try and start a new thread with a poll?

Were you trying to add a poll to your own thread or someone elses? I think you would only be able to add a poll to your own thread.

Being the shade-tree trouble shooter that I am, I tried adding a poll (to this very thread) and starting a new thread. I have even tried doing it in both Firefox and IE8. All to no avail.

Nothing seems to work for me. Bummer....

The poll option does not work for me either. I've used this style of message boards for many years and know where the poll options are supposed to show up; they are not there.

Might be some subscriber upgrade.

Might be some subscriber upgrade.

I thought of that, but I checked the usergroup settings and registered users are allowed to post polls.:dunno:

I'm going to see if there is some specific setting for this forum...

I think I found the problem. Try it again.

Yep, you fixed it! YAY!

Go Rick! You're the man. It worked like a charm. Now I hope people actually vote, lol. Thanks again.

Glad to help:chug:

Looks good for new threads, but still not in thread tools though...

Thx by the way.

Back