Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Callsign
PRINCE51
Ford held their 2012 Fleet Product Review in Dearborn MI this week and this display was sitting next to the customer Explorer Terrain Management Experience Display. Very interesting photos of our truck.

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

Inside the tailgate shot

IMG_0991.jpg

Front bumper and radiator Shot

IMG_0989.jpg

Cat Converter and Engine/Transmission Shot
IMG_0990.jpg

Showing engine oil cooler from tow package, doesnt tie in radiator at all. Ties into lower rad hose. Apparently we can add it now.

IMG_0988.jpg

Oil cooler again close up.

IMG_0987.jpg

Behind the Instrument Panel and SYNC APIM

IMG_0984.jpg

Closer on SYNC/MFT APIM

IMG_0985.jpg

Tight shot on APIM connectors

IMG_0986.jpg

Front Headliner Area

IMG_0983.jpg

This is tight shot on headliner and light fixtures so guys who are changing the bulbs in these lights can see the clip configuration.

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

Rear Hatch again showing Electronics

IMG_0980.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great pics, Sarge... You should have grabbed that APIM for Loganfilm... :)

The million dollar shot is the one of the offending roof section that causes the drumming during a rain storm. Tks for posting

Just because it's not insulated, looks like thicker tinfoil, and faces the rain like a snare drum, doesn't mean that it's responsible for the noise. :)

Where is the pic of saw marks through the middle of the MFT??

Amazing pictures.

Awesome pictures SGT!

Totally agree that the best shot is of the open cavity at the roof/windshield joint. It's so amazingly obvious that it needs to be filled.

This is very interesting. Thanks for posting these pictures. Ford might sell it at half off. :D

The running joke by the employee there was "I am selling this one for half off"

Also I brought up the issue of noise from rain hitting the front roof area. I was told that the issue should only be for NON dual panel moonroof Explorers but I think it's happening on both just louder on units without Dual moonroof.

Apparently now they are spraying that area with a sticky foam sound deadener during assembly so there should be a fix out soon for previously built models.

What I liked was seeing the engine oil cooler and the fact that it's not plumbed into the radiator. I haven't looked yet but if non-tow package engines have that port then cutting the lower rad hose and adding the kit isn't that hard. Kit is cheap.

Rain

The running joke by the employee there was "I am selling this one for half off"

Also I brought up the issue of noise from rain hitting the front roof area. I was told that the issue should only be for NON dual panel moonroof Explorers but I think it's happening on both just louder on units without Dual moonroof.

Apparently now they are spraying that area with a sticky foam sound deadener during assembly so there should be a fix out soon for previously built models.

What I liked was seeing the engine oil cooler and the fact that it's not plumbed into the radiator. I haven't looked yet but if non-tow package engines have that port then cutting the lower rad hose and adding the kit isn't that hard. Kit is cheap.

Thanks for the pictures and the inside info. It is nice to know they are concerned about the rain noise issue. I have a moon roof and if the non-moon roof folks have a louder noise, I feel for them.

All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put that Ford back together again!!

All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put that Ford back together again!!

Only Mr Mulally can!

Just because it's not insulated, looks like thicker tinfoil, and faces the rain like a snare drum, doesn't mean that it's responsible for the noise. :)

Ya know, I didn't think that was it either!

Rumor has it that they need another vehicle to cut in half and have been in contact with Loganfilm's dealership....

Cory,

Is there any chance we can get someone at Ford to post some more pictures of this vehicle? I'd love to see it from various angles, end-to-end. It's cool!

(finding the center line and marking it with chalk...)

Thanks for the pictures and the inside info. It is nice to know they are concerned about the rain noise issue. I have a moon roof and if the non-moon roof folks have a louder noise, I feel for them.
Resolving the rain noise issue is important and I know it’s being worked on. I’ll post an update when I get any available info on an official release.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The same heat-expanding foam used in the pillars of the F150 would be a good place to start.

Back