Where to find moonroof relay module for 2001 Sport ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to find moonroof relay module for 2001 Sport ?

properchopper

Reaction score
City, State
los angeles ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 2 dr sport
My 2001 2Dr Sport has an aftermarket dealer installed moonroof. The overhead console switch panel has ASC on one of the buttons so I assume it's an ASC product. The roof no longer auto-closes or auto-opens. The relay module is in the headliner over the driver's door and is marked Cherry - Cherry Products has a site but no link to this module. I need to find a replacement module. Any Ideas ?

Thanks,

Tony

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the ASC button lit up red or green?

The ASC sunroof in my wifes Nissan will only auto-close when it lit up red. Push the button and it will change from auto (red) to manual (green).

Is the ASC button lit up red or green?

The ASC sunroof in my wifes Nissan will only auto-close when it lit up red. Push the button and it will change from auto (red) to manual (green).

Thanks Snoranger. The left button on the switch panel, when red, keeps the roof open when the key transitions from run to off. Got it fixed; see next post :)

Now fixed !

Well, I went to the ASC site, found a local dealer. Called them and they had the module ! A little bargaining and price dropped from $ 169.95 new to $ 80.00 for a clean used one. The shop was very old school and was in business for a long time. The tech looked at the roof alignment and began to re-align it and found a broken slider part. They had the parts in stock to fix it even though the roof was an older, discontinued model.Although it cost me a bunch more, I'm glad I had it fixed as the broken slider part would've caused further problems so I coughed up the $$. I love my Sport, It's pristine and hope to keep it for a long time. Only other "bugs" are the sticky oil pressure sender and the squeaking-when-cold cam position sensor bearing which I basically just live with.

Good forum, I'll be checking back in :thumbsup:

Only other "bugs" are the sticky oil pressure sender and the squeaking-when-cold cam position sensor bearing which I basically just live with.

Good forum, I'll be checking back in :thumbsup:

You might want to check into that noise a little more. The SOHC in your truck has a non-contact cam position sensor. Its a magnetic pickup that senses when the tab on the cam in the driver side head passes by it. There is no bearing.

Back