• Total voters

vfral1

Reaction score
City, State
Cumming, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 LTD Golden Bronze
...about MFT/SYNC.

I am surprised to see some folks post that they have no issues with MFT/SYNC, so let's see it all in one place to get a comprehensive view of what % of us are experiencing problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I voted none because mine has behaved very nicely since the upgrade to 2.7. I did have issues originally, but they appear to have been solved.

My vehicle was delivered with 2.8 and it occasionally lags, but overall I am reasonable happy. I am looking forward to 3.0, like a fine wine, it should keep getting better.

I am a bleeding edge sort of guy, sometimes you get cut, but the toys are worth it.

MFT Version?

I picked up my Explorer on Friday, built in May. Where can I find the version number of the MFT? I assume it must be the newest because of the recent build date.

I voted none because mine has behaved very nicely since the upgrade to 2.7. I did have issues originally, but they appear to have been solved.

same here, since upgrading from 2.4 to 2.8, nothing more than SLOW response and occasional weirdness. Like yesterday i noticed my nav was muted (not by me) and i had no sound from anything (radio, nav, voice command), but after a restart it came back.......

same here, since upgrading from 2.4 to 2.8, nothing more than SLOW response and occasional weirdness. Like yesterday i noticed my nav was muted (not by me) and i had no sound from anything (radio, nav, voice command), but after a restart it came back.......

I had a weird thing happen on Saturday, the rotary volume control was not responding when I tried to turn up the volume, I hit the volume on the steering wheel and then the rotary volume worked again.

I picked up my Explorer on Friday, built in May. Where can I find the version number of the MFT? I assume it must be the newest because of the recent build date.

most likely you have 2.8

You can find out at syncmyride.com

Personally, my Sync issues are extremely minor and I voted minor but I was close to voting "none".

I like it a lot.

Found an address this weekend by voice and it worked fantastic.

If we get enough responses, we might be able to zero in on what setup works/doesn't. (nav/no nav, etc.)

I had a weird thing happen on Saturday, the rotary volume control was not responding when I tried to turn up the volume, I hit the volume on the steering wheel and then the rotary volume worked again.

I had same problem with radio with 2.7. updated to 2.8 no problems.

For those of us who said "major"; please post your system and usage...

Model :LTD, Factory NAV
Approximate build date: April 2011
Paired phone?: Blackberry Pearl
Accessory use?(Ipod, MP3): None
Approximate Miles at system crash: 2000

bump

Okay, how bout something easier...if you've had major problems, do you have factory NAV?

Seems like my MFT works better when I don't have a destination entered, so maybe it's a lack of memory?

I think it the system slow down because it has to read the menory card for the map maybe if everything was on one hard drive like nissan ot would run smoother

bump for new members to vote...

For your survey
Mine was a Limited w/ NAV and latest software (2.8) and Firmware (per Ford dealer). Black screened on way home from dealer as soon as I picked it up.

Had not really tried to use NAV much yet or radio much
No USB or Ipod connected.
Sync'ed my BlackBerry to it w/ maybe 100 contacts.
Stopped somewhere.. all was working fine.
Went out to start it and NAV blackscreened.
Ford's fix was to reboot w/ battery cable.

Returned vehicle next day and negated deal since there was no real fix, so have no other history on it.

Did have other funky glitches with it in the day.5 I owned it... but not enough experience with it to comment on if its a defect. What little I used the NAV, I found it cumbersome.. but I have no experience with NAVs..

Constant Major Problems MFT-SYNCH

For your survey:

2011 Limited Explorer with NAV

Into dealer 2X for updates--now 2.8

Constate reboots and shutdowns--especially when using the phone(s). Use both DroidX and Iphone 4.

Screen goes black, after 5-10 minutes SYNCH screen appears and states "Updating System". Another 5 minutes or so, screens appear.

Problems reading SD card (must remove and reinsert to solve) Could this be reason for constant problems?

Backup camera not always working

Entire system very slow

For your survey:
2011 Limited Explorer with NAV
Into dealer 2X for updates--now 2.8
Constate reboots and shutdowns--especially when using the phone(s). Use both DroidX and Iphone 4.
Screen goes black, after 5-10 minutes SYNCH screen appears and states "Updating System". Another 5 minutes or so, screens appear.
Problems reading SD card (must remove and reinsert to solve) Could this be reason for constant problems?
Backup camera not always working
Entire system very slow

Hi ForensicSlueth!

What did your dealership do when you took it in, just the software updates?

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NO PROBLEMS. WORKS GREAT. FAST FAST FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Version 2.11
Limited with NAV. NAV works great. Voice commands work awesome. LOVE MY EXPLORER.

Back