Under Body Question

ajstar89

Reaction score
City, State
Laguna Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT Explorer
Hey Guys,

Quick question for you, I was wondering if someone could check under there 2011 explorer and see if they have any plastic underbody panels. Basically its a piece of plastic under the engine that separates the engine bay from the elements.

I was wondering if mine was missing it now after my first oil change, or if the new explorers didn't come with one.

I have attached an image that highlights an example of what I am showing, it is what is circled and the plastic covering under the engine bay. Thanks for your time and help.

AJ

htz7o5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

doesnt come with any underbody panels.

Hey Guys,

Quick question for you, I was wondering if someone could check under there 2011 explorer and see if they have any plastic underbody panels. Basically its a piece of plastic under the engine that separates the engine bay from the elements.

I was wondering if mine was missing it now after my first oil change, or if the new explorers didn't come with one.

I have attached an image that highlights an example of what I am showing, it is what is circled and the plastic covering under the engine bay. Thanks for your time and help.

AJ

htz7o5.jpg

What car is that?

Nevermind- It's a Subie...

CLICK ME

Thanks for looking for me. I have worked on a lot of cars, and this is a first for me not to find one. I didn't want to believe it.

No under body protection for a engine bay in a suv, piss poor designing on fords half. Not only are they a industry standard for protection, but they are great for air channeling the cooling system as well.

I don't think I've ever had that extent of underbody aero on a car, or an SUV.

Thanks for looking for me. I have worked on a lot of cars, and this is a first for me not to find one. I didn't want to believe it.

No under body protection for a engine bay in a suv, piss poor designing on fords half. Not only are they a industry standard for protection, but they are great for air channeling the cooling system as well.

As far as I know, the Explorer has never had that in any of it's incarnations over the last 20 years.

AJ - how is a piece of PLASTIC going to protect the engine and other components? you're upset that an SUV doesnt have plastic skid plates? i'd be upset if my suv did have plastic skid plates!

It isn't needed, and Ford is capitalized.

I have some left over 30-lb roofing felt so I'm going to strech some across the underside of the engine and use some roofing nails with the big plastic washers to hold it on.

i have some left over 30-lb roofing felt so i'm going to strech some across the underside of the engine and use some roofing nails with the big plastic washers to hold it on.

lmao!

Back