Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..I feel like such a Newb..:(

..Is there a difference between a 2wd and the 4wd rear brake rotors on the second gens?..If so, what are the tell tale signs that might make them easily distinguishable?

..I take it the parking brake parts and pads would be the same for both?

..TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..I feel like such a Newb..:(

..Is there a difference between a 2wd and the 4wd rear brake rotors on the second gens?..If so, what are the tell tale signs that might make them easily distinguishable?

..I take it the parking brake parts and pads would be the same for both?

..TIA

seriously Ted?:rolleyes: Do I really need to answer this? It's gotta be Tuesday!

Can I ask what makes you think they would be different?:p:

...Rough Monday and yes it's Tuesday..:D

...As for the rotors on the second gens I didn't think there was any variances but like asking for any basic parts on my trucks, some Parts house computer's have bad information...

..All the parts numbers except the rotors match up the same but then they asked me for 2wd or 4wd...:scratch:..My response was,"I said rear didn't I .?"

..Sure enough their computers show all 95-01 2wd rear rotors as one P/n and all 95-01 4wd rear rotors as another..:dunno:

...At least they didn't ask me this time if it was a Dana 28 or a Dana 35...:p:

...Rough Monday and yes it's Tuesday..:D

...As for the rotors on the second gens I didn't think there was any variances but like asking for any basic parts on my trucks, some Parts house computer's have bad information...

..All the parts numbers except the rotors match up the same but then they asked me for 2wd or 4wd...:scratch:..My response was,"I said rear didn't I .?"

..Sure enough their computers show all 95-01 2wd rear rotors as one P/n and all 95-01 4wd rear rotors as another..:dunno:

...At least they didn't ask me this time if it was a Dana 28 or a Dana 35...:p:

they are the same....why looking to go disc? I'll make you a deal on a rear 8.8 with a bent shaft.:D Project Res should be coming apart soon and zukman will have no use for 8.8 stuff soon.:D

...What about the neglected Ranger in the back?

..Yea, I got asked several more time today, "2wd or 4wd?"..

..Then at each store when asking for parking brake shoes for a 95-01 X they would ask, "Does it have rear disc or drums?"..:rolleyes:

...I did ask about the whole rear end though, just minutes after that vehicle was pulled safely out of traffic and it was known the driver was ok..:shifty_ey

Back