3" body lift hitch

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
just wanted to show off my new hitch that i made for my truck that has a 3" body lift.any questions just ask:D
my front hitch thread
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358149
2011-06-27183009.jpg

2011-06-27175833.jpg

2011-06-27175642.jpg

2011-06-27175553.jpg

2011-06-27175507.jpg

2011-06-27170125.jpg

2011-06-27170044.jpg

2011-06-27170015.jpg

2011-06-27165957.jpg

2011-06-27123656.jpg

now just to move my pipes up:D
EDIT just got ride of the pipes and did a side dump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as i said already, looks good. i like your ass basket :p
it fits really well in there. custom as in you did it all yourself? you can weld?

and long as 'move my pipes up' means 'get new 2.5" pipe and throw the 2.25" pipes into xeeks yard when hes not home'

as i said already, looks good. i like your ass basket :p
it fits really well in there. custom as in you did it all yourself? you can weld?

and long as 'move my pipes up' means 'get new 2.5" pipe and throw the 2.25" pipes into xeeks yard when hes not home'

yea i made it myself.and umm yea well kinda of weld,it will hold!;)

yea!
I like it!

kind of what I did but my hitch rack is much bigger

DSCN2329.jpg

DSCN2330.jpg

DSCN2331.jpg

did you use bed liner material to coat yours?

I used a spray can of "Dip it" rubberizing material

your hitch sits under the frame.there is a good 6" between the plug in part till the bumper.my sits inside the frame and the plug in point is 1" under the bumper.i don't have all that gap and got more clearance so i won't drag as through anything.wow that thing is out there.i wouldn't feel safe putting weight that far out.farther you go out the less you can carry.mine also use the stock bumper as some support.the ball hole was drilled out so a 2"ball fit and the nut is welded to the hitch

wow 74 views and 2 comments.i know there is threads out there where people have had problems with this.

mine is under the frame because I put real stuff on my rack.

riding lawn mower

gas powered bar stool

my sons gas powered power wheels jeep

which all have a lot of weight to them. my rack is 38" wide, where your's is what? 24" wide

my hitch has eight bolts holding it to the frame and is welded to the bumper brackets. I'm not really worried about it moving at all. already had about 400 lbs on my rack and it held up just fine.

yea it might drag a little low here and there. but I still have to do my SOA and my solid axle swap on the front end then I'll be able to run my 33" tires.

at that point the hitch may be too high to get any equipment on it. that is why I stayed under the frame.

but I still like your setup. wouldn't rely on the bumper to help with hitch weight considering the bumper is only good for a few hundred pounds.

all in all it really looks good on your setup though.

100-0007_IMG_2.jpg

wow 74 views and 2 comments.i know there is threads out there where people have had problems with this.

What problems? I would think a frame-level hitch is an obvious thing to do with such a high body lift, since you can jack the bumper up to match.

I do have questions though. Why is the tailgate not white? Why is the swaybar upside down? Doesn't that make it slam into the diff when the rear flexes? Why is the breather hose disconnected and leaking fluid all over the driveway?

:p:

What problems? I would think a frame-level hitch is an obvious thing to do with such a high body lift, since you can jack the bumper up to match.

I do have questions though. Why is the tailgate not white? Why is the swaybar upside down? Doesn't that make it slam into the diff when the rear flexes? Why is the breather hose disconnected and leaking fluid all over the driveway?

:p:

the problem has been getting a bar across that will alow the plug in part to be at frame level after you move the bumper up.most I've seen mount under the frame and people weld the plug in part on top the crossbar that is under the frame.im painting the truck!!that rearend and sway bar is a 99.is made that way and when offending i don't run a sway bar.the hose is discounted because i cut the bars out that hold the spare tire and that's where that hose was clamped too,its relocated now.its not leaking it was raining,its a vent tube not drain line!;)

mine is under the frame because I put real stuff on my rack.

riding lawn mower

gas powered bar stool

my sons gas powered power wheels jeep

which all have a lot of weight to them. my rack is 38" wide, where your's is what? 24" wide

my hitch has eight bolts holding it to the frame and is welded to the bumper brackets. I'm not really worried about it moving at all. already had about 400 lbs on my rack and it held up just fine.

yea it might drag a little low here and there. but I still have to do my SOA and my solid axle swap on the front end then I'll be able to run my 33" tires.

at that point the hitch may be too high to get any equipment on it. that is why I stayed under the frame.

but I still like your setup. wouldn't rely on the bumper to help with hitch weight considering the bumper is only good for a few hundred pounds.

all in all it really looks good on your setup though.

100-0007_IMG_2.jpg
yea my truck is way to high for any of that.all i carry is coolers full of beer and a grill or a deer if im hunting.yea its not going anywhere,i just welded that nut there to help with the tunge weight.me and my dad jumped on it for awhile at the same time and we are both 240+ so its had 500 lbs on it plus some and didn't move.freakn sweet man on the pic!!

Back