• Register Today It's free!

Ford customer service

turtles

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I have been having the worst experience ever with FORD... And let me put this straight.... Not the dealership but with Ford Canada Customer Service..

ordered 3/22
VIN 6/01
built 6/23
arrived ???? not yet

The delay has been bothersome but is not the overall problem here...

Originally, I began sending pm's to Cory/Seni on this site at about the 4 week mark when I still had not been assigned a VIN.

There were no updates and at about the 7 week mark Cory/Natasha recommended that I escalate the issue with customer service 1 800 565 3673 which I did. When I called the rep he told me that unfortunately there was nothing they could do and that any escalations can only be made after it has reached the 12 week mark.

At this, I got back to Cory and he had put through a request to have a Mgr follow up with me... Sure enough I receive a telephone call not a day later from a Manager at Ford, Matthew Gordon. A very nice man. Matthew advised that unfortunately it can only be escalated after 12 weeks but from his experience he thinks the car will be rushed and ready shortly.

So I got my vin. Got my build date... When it was built it was the 13 week mark... To make matters worse, I had just recently found out that the builds for 2012's were already starting... So I knew that my car will lose it's value even more so since the 12's would be out shortly.

So I called customer service with my issue, escalating because of the loss of value in the 2011 and because it has now been 13 weeks.... A gentleman took my info on June 24 and told me that he opened up a case and a Larry would be reviewing this and getting back to me within 48 hours... great!!!

Then.... This morning, when I hadn't heard anything I called in... I spoke with a EULA... EULA told me that Larry would not be following up with me and that the case has been closed... She proceeded to tell me that I had been receiving some misinformation and that in actuallity FORD has no control of when the car is built and the 12 week escalation thing only applies in respect to the build date to the ship/arrival date and since this has only been 2 weeks there were no issues... UMM NO!!!

Needless to say, I was furious!!! Yes i swore and when she asked me to stop i did... She then refused to help me... She would NOT transfer me to a Manager or anyone above her that could help me... She then asked if I had got all the information I wanted and hung up on me... Now I admit I did lose my cool but I calmed down.....

CORYYYYYY!!! Can you please look into this for me and have a manager from Ford call me back....

If nothing is done about this extended delay and the fact that the 12's are already taking production, I WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS VEHICLE WHEN IT ARRIVES AT THE DEALERSHIP!!!! Tomorrow will be 14 weeks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you can wait, I would re-order for a My2012 at this point, if I was you

turtles, I’m sorry to hear you had this poor experience. I forwarded your message and I’m waiting for more information on your case. I will send you a private message with the details when I get a reply.

Cory

Hi Cory,

I did receive a call from Larry the very same day. He said he was just touching base with me to let me know he would be looking into it but because it was late in the day he would not have time to review my file. He assured me he would call me the next day to discuss. So Larry did call me yesterday but unfortunately I missed his call. I did cal him back today but he was not in. I'm expecting him to call me later today.

Thanks Cory. I will let you knownonce I speak with him

Hi Cory,

I did receive a call from Larry the very same day. He said he was just touching base with me to let me know he would be looking into it but because it was late in the day he would not have time to review my file. He assured me he would call me the next day to discuss. So Larry did call me yesterday but unfortunately I missed his call. I did cal him back today but he was not in. I'm expecting him to call me later today.

Thanks Cory. I will let you knownonce I speak with him
Great. If you have any details you’d like me to forward to him, feel free to drop me a line.

Cory

Thanks Cory...

I spoke with Larry... He was very nice... He made no promises and I wasn't totally satisfied with the outcome but it was nice to know that Ford has the case open and they are going to look at my experience as a whole once I take delivery...

On a side note... Yesterday I decided to go onto Ford Canada's website and I built and priced an explorer all over again... I was shocked to see the end result!!!!

The price went down significantly... I thought I was getting a good deal and the Ford website gave me my exact same vehicle (same options) for a much cheaper price than what I payed... I always thought the dealer sells for this than the internet price...

This upsets me a great deal... And after waiting this long I feel like I am being suckered..... Are the internet prices accurate??

15 weeks on Tuesday

turtles
PM sent re: 2011 pricing ;)

Thanks Cory...

I spoke with Larry... He was very nice... He made no promises and I wasn't totally satisfied with the outcome but it was nice to know that Ford has the case open and they are going to look at my experience as a whole once I take delivery...

On a side note... Yesterday I decided to go onto Ford Canada's website and I built and priced an explorer all over again... I was shocked to see the end result!!!!

The price went down significantly... I thought I was getting a good deal and the Ford website gave me my exact same vehicle (same options) for a much cheaper price than what I payed... I always thought the dealer sells for this than the internet price...

This upsets me a great deal... And after waiting this long I feel like I am being suckered..... Are the internet prices accurate??

15 weeks on Tuesday
I’m glad the case has been opened for you. I also sent you a private message with some more information. Please check your inbox for the details.

Cory

Back