• Register Today It's free!

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

DavidM

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
The dealership wants $80 some-odd dollars for this and I'm curious if anyone has had experience with these.

It seems there are in channel and out of channel versions that adhere with a 3M foam tape. (Seems in-channel would be preferable, anyone know?)

I live in the ironically named "sunny Florida," but trust me, when it's not skin cancer sunny, its Super Rainy Florida. So I'm wondering if these are helpful/necessary or is there some wonder design to the new ex that makes these superfluous.

Thanks all,

Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the vent visor will come in handy and nice but i would buy in channel and i only like the weathertech.com ones but they are still un development should be out soon about 2wks. But also window tint will help and look nice also. If you dont like tint there is a clear material that it's high on uv protection. But the ford ventvisor are ok but weather tech are awesome!

Well the vent visor will come in handy and nice but i would buy in channel and i only like the weathertech.com ones but they are still un development should be out soon about 2wks. But also window tint will help and look nice also. If you dont like tint there is a clear material that it's high on uv protection. But the ford ventvisor are ok but weather tech are awesome!

I'm waiting for the In Channel version to come out. I was told that it'd be 2 months for the Vent Visor version, as they're on back order. I really like the smoothness of the Weather Tech Version...so if they're out in two weeks, I'll have to order a set of those!

I just bought an AVS set of tape-ons, I had them on my ranger, and they were great for getting some ventilation without getting wet, and make it just a wee bit harder to open your door through a cracked window

In-Channel Side Vents

Has anybody ordered or installed the AVS in-channel vent visors yet? I know when I got my EX, they said they'd be available shortly, but that was 2 months+ ago, and I can't seem to find them on anybody's website.

Has anybody ordered or installed the AVS in-channel vent visors yet? I know when I got my EX, they said they'd be available shortly, but that was 2 months+ ago, and I can't seem to find them on anybody's website.

What are in channel vent visors?

I've been keeping an eye on these as well and they are not available anywhere yet. I don't know what the hold up with production is, but I'm waiting impatiently.

2011X-AVS.jpg

I've been keeping an eye on these as well and they are not available anywhere yet. I don't know what the hold up with production is, but I'm waiting impatiently.

My problem is that the warehouse at the place where I can order AVS is SLOW!! When I ordered my Husky liners for the back, I ordered the over 3rd row from them, and it took 3 weeks. I ordered the 3rd row foot well online like 2 days after I ordered the other mat, and I got it in 3 days....So I'm trying to avoid ordering from them again, fearing I'll find them someplace else that I can get them faster.

Did AVS come out with these in-channel vent visors? I checked on their web site and it says they are still not available, however, I found this listing on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Explorer-2011-Vent-Visors-Shades-Deflectors-AVS-/330554413264

If these are them, I'd definitely like to pick up a set, I just don't want to pick up a set that sticks to the outside of the car.

That auction has been cancelled now due to the item not being available. I sure would like to know what the hold up is on these particular visors. AVS is usually really good about getting their product out for a new vehicle.

That auction has been cancelled now due to the item not being available. I sure would like to know what the hold up is on these particular visors. AVS is usually really good about getting their product out for a new vehicle.

I believe they are out now, I found the in channel visors on the Lund / AVS web site, but for some reason they were listed under the Ventvisor category, and not the In Channel Venvisor Category on the page beloiw:

http://www.lundinternational.com/brands/avs/

So if you go into the regular Ventvisor category and bring up the 2011 Ford Explorer category you will see both the regular vent visors and the in channel vent visors. The part number is 194293 for the in channel visors.

I believe they are out now, I found the in channel visors on the Lund / AVS web site, but for some reason they were listed under the Ventvisor category, and not the In Channel Venvisor Category on the page beloiw:

http://www.lundinternational.com/brands/avs/

So if you go into the regular Ventvisor category and bring up the 2011 Ford Explorer category you will see both the regular vent visors and the in channel vent visors. The part number is 194293 for the in channel visors.

I know they have part numbers and pictures on the website, but every vendor / distributor I have contacted has said they haven't been able to get them yet from the manufacturer. Something is holding up shipping this product from Lund International.

I know they have part numbers and pictures on the website, but every vendor / distributor I have contacted has said they haven't been able to get them yet from the manufacturer. Something is holding up shipping this product from Lund International.

You are correct, I checked again with the ebay user, and I guess they are not available even though they had them listed. Hopefully they come out soon, as I definitely want to pick up a pair when they do.

-Andrew

I GOT MINE!! THEY SUCK! window wont close, the back ones aren't right, going back tomorrow after I call and complain. Wait for them to refine them.

Thanks for the update / heads up.

Weathertech or Lund ventvisors?

Anyone been able to locate either of these ventvisors for the 2011 Explorer? I am looking for the in channel type (not the 3m tape visors).

Jeff Nimon

Anyone been able to locate either of these ventvisors for the 2011 Explorer? I am looking for the in channel type (not the 3m tape visors).

Jeff Nimon

Check out this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317151

I would hold off on the Lund/AVS ventvisors. Sounds like they have some design issues. On that note, my Lund/AVS hood deflector has some design issues as well. Really frustrated with Lund/AVS, I've contacted them 2 times over the past 2 months to tell them they have incorrect products listed for the '11 Explorer...they have yet to update their website. Guess that speaks for their customer service commitment.

Thanks for the heads up. There is no such thing as customer service anymore!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I actually found the AVS ventvisors for the 2011 Explorer at an aftermarket shop today. They are not the in channel type, but the guy said he has had issues w/the in channel type and the window closing completely. These are w/the 3M tape & this guy guarantees them for life. $79.95 installed....not a bad deal and looks great.

Jeff Nimon

Back