A shout out and a question- Keyless Pad | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A shout out and a question- Keyless Pad

Flash1034

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT V6 4x4
Hi guys, new to your forum. Im a long time Jeeper and was very active on the forums over there so if you have Jeep related questions or problems I can steer you in the right direction. However, last night I traded in my beloved Rubicon to buy my wife a 2007 Explorer 4x4 XLT V6. She loves it. It has one of those keyless entry pads with no known code. What is the best way to get the code? Also, is there anything I really need to know about these things. Are there any "must do" mods?

Thanks again,

Flash

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone? Jeeez come on...

Flash

There were several posts about how to insert a camera under the dash on the driver's side between the steering column and the door and photograph the number, but I can no longer find that information. I know the dealer can pull it for you, but probably will charge for it. Must have been secret stuff!

Hi guys, new to your forum. Im a long time Jeeper and was very active on the forums over there so if you have Jeep related questions or problems I can steer you in the right direction. However, last night I traded in my beloved Rubicon to buy my wife a 2007 Explorer 4x4 XLT V6. She loves it. It has one of those keyless entry pads with no known code. What is the best way to get the code? Also, is there anything I really need to know about these things. Are there any "must do" mods?

Thanks again,

Flash

See this post -

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2550336&postcount=20

Dealer pulled my code for free a couple of weeks ago. With that code I was able to program my own code (based on instructions in owners manual).

But they charged $149 to reflash to get rid of tranny 2/1 shift bump, so they had plenty of easy profit in that.

Thanks guys. Awesome info.

Flash

Steve6534

Thanks - That's what I was looking for!

Found it! Thanks guys.

Flash

Back