• Register Today It's free!

Last Number Redial

lexrid

Reaction score
City, State
Holly Springs, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
First thread I've created since joining, searched and couldn't find any threads about this subject.

2011 Silver Ex Limited is the wife's new toy. Today it has started redialing the last called number every time she exits the vehicle. Anybody else experienced this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First thread I've created since joining, searched and couldn't find any threads about this subject.

2011 Silver Ex Limited is the wife's new toy. Today it has started redialing the last called number every time she exits the vehicle. Anybody else experienced this?

weird. What phone is she using? Also, try deleting the phone from MFT and deleting MFT from the phone (MFT = my ford touch) and then re-pairing them.

That was going to be my first step when I get home from work this evening, just wasn't sure if anyone else had experienced the same thing. Thanks.

I experienced a similarly strange glitch early last week. When I finished a call, it proceeded to start dialing the numbers in my call history. It started by calling the number prior to the one I just called. I hit the end call button and assumed I was done. A few seconds later it's dialing the one before that. I hit the end call button again. And, a few seconds later, it begins dialing the number prior to that. At that point I reached over and completely powered down my phone (Moto Droid 2 - GB Apex ROM).

It hasn't happened before or since. Very strange...

Ok, she's got an HTC Droid Eris (sidenote:terrible phone). I'll have her start with a restart of the phone and then from there deleting it from MFT and re-pairing.

Ok, she's got an HTC Droid Eris (sidenote:terrible phone). I'll have her start with a restart of the phone and then from there deleting it from MFT and re-pairing.

Have same phone as your wife,mine works awesome with our X limited.(Got phone free when my son got a droid,probably updating phone soon) Only issue ever had was 2 or 3 times when exiting vehicle my ringtone song starts playing on phone.Not a big deal,I just turn it off.Other than that minor deal,very happy with the way it Synced up & operates.

Wonder if it is MFT causing the redial, or the phone redialing? MFT will connect to the phone either way. But because you said it is happening when she exits the vehicle. it seems the phone is redialing when it senses that it is losing the bluetooth connection to Sync/MFT.

Have you checked to see if the phone is on the compatibility list?

I have not looked at the compatibility list yet. If the phone wasn't compatible would the signal strength and battery indicators show up in MFT?

Didn't have time to troubleshoot last night, just told her to turn bluetooth off for now until I have time to look at it. I would be willing to bet it's an issue with the phone, a good hard restart will probably put everything back in order.

I have not looked at the compatibility list yet. If the phone wasn't compatible would the signal strength and battery indicators show up in MFT?

Didn't have time to troubleshoot last night, just told her to turn bluetooth off for now until I have time to look at it. I would be willing to bet it's an issue with the phone, a good hard restart will probably put everything back in order.
http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/sync/usEN/sync_us_EN_iop_2_00.pdf

Nope - not on the "tested" list.

Strange things can happen. I had a BT headset that worked well with a Motorola razr, but sucked with a Samsung.

To those who are having similar issues, I’d like to ask some questions about your experiences:

-Are you out of the vehicle or in the vehicle still?
-What is the last last screen you’re on?
-What is the last thing you do on MFT when this happens?
-Does anything else come up on your phone when exiting the vehicle?

The answers to those questions would be very helpful.

Cory

Back