Picked up my 100mm TT Bolts, got 3 spares. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picked up my 100mm TT Bolts, got 3 spares.

torqlox

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Explorer XLS
So I finally swung by Fastenal and picked up a 5-pack of M12-1.75 x 100 DIN 12.9 Socket Head Cap Screw to use for my TT that I am planning this weekend. I went with the hex drive for more bolt head protection if I ever bottom out hardcore. The bolts themselves come strictly 5EA to a sealed plastic bag, and provided I don't ruin one of them during installation I'd like to extend an opportunity to my fellow forum gang. Free plus shipping for 1EA through 3EA. Also any tips for installation would help. Thanks all!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I finally swung by Fastenal and picked up a 5-pack of M12-1.75 x 100 DIN 12.9 Socket Head Cap Screw to use for my TT that I am planning this weekend. I went with the hex drive for more bolt head protection if I ever bottom out hardcore. The bolts themselves come strictly 5EA to a sealed plastic bag, and provided I don't ruin one of them during installation I'd like to extend an opportunity to my fellow forum gang. Free plus shipping for 1EA through 3EA. Also any tips for installation would help. Thanks all!!!

I would have avoided the hex drive, it takes a lot of force to turn those bolts, especially breaking them free.

Any reason you bought new ones? Even in PA with all the rust mine moved very easily. Aren't the stock size bolts 100mm? I needed longer ones to get 2" of lift, my drivers side is all the way in now and I only got about 1 1/4 inch of lift.

Any reason you bought new ones? Even in PA with all the rust mine moved very easily. Aren't the stock size bolts 100mm? I needed longer ones to get 2" of lift, my drivers side is all the way in now and I only got about 1 1/4 inch of lift.

I read a few threads here and the understanding was that 100mm is extended length? I have not opened the package yet and I can still return them. my driver's side stock bolt is almost all the way up and leaves much to be desired.

I read a few threads here and the understanding was that 100mm is extended length? I have not opened the package yet and I can still return them. my driver's side stock bolt is almost all the way up and leaves much to be desired.

Ok, if you read that those are extended length then you are probably right, its been a while since I read that thread. I was eying up 120mm to be safe if I was buying new ones but I didn't. Regret it, but oh well, the bigger tires fit with what I did lift it.

Ok, if you read that those are extended length then you are probably right, its been a while since I read that thread. I was eying up 120mm to be safe if I was buying new ones but I didn't. Regret it, but oh well, the bigger tires fit with what I did lift it.

You want the shortest ones you can get to get the lift you want, you don't want a ton of leftover bolt hanging down to get snagged on a rock, or limb when your wheeling.

Thanks for all the valuable info. I will install these tonight and report any problems.

You want the shortest ones you can get to get the lift you want, you don't want a ton of leftover bolt hanging down to get snagged on a rock, or limb when your wheeling.

Good point. I was considering 120, because I thought 100 was stock size. Mine stock bolt is all the way in on the drivers side, and most of the way on the passenger side...I ended with 1.25inches.

Try to get your lift with the 100mm bolts but leave the old tires on in case you run out of bolt, or run into issues delaying getting an alignment. I would have gotten longer bolts but I didn't want to drive around on new tires with the alignment all jacked up.

I also don't blame you on the spares, better safe than sorry. I sent 75 bucks on hardware for my leaf packs, but I ended up not having any issues getting my old stuff off.

Just called Fastenal and asked to have these exchanged for socket heads. It made more sense since I can get more leverage on the turns with a helper pipe. Thanks for the great advice guys.

a little off subject a bit but how are you cranking your t-bars so much with out it causing super stress on your CV's i have the shackles nd twist nd it seems my axles are actually pulling out of my front diff. im buying new axles tomorrow to see if its just worn old tired axles but i still think they are going to pull out. not to mention the hellacious angles on the actual joint.

scratch the previous... i just put brand new axles in with new seals discovered a bearing on drivers side ATE up it was FUBARed...but its cherry now!

Back