• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

simplysql

Reaction score
City, State
Canton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
we are up for renewal on our Sirius subscription at the end of the month- what kind of deals are you all getting on renewal? Best I've seen so far is $12.95 per month.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on my last car, got 6 months for $32.
But had to haggle to get this price.

yes, I've haggled with them before on a previous car - I was hoping their business model had changed - guess not :)

You shouldn't have a problem haggling with them...they're hurting for business. I cancelled my subscription on my previous vehicle about a year ago and I still get a call about once a week from Sirius. The calls were more frequent a few months after I cancelled. I ignore the calls but I'm sure they're calling to offer some sort of deal to get me signed back up.

If you are going to use Sirius for many years ask about their lifetime subscription. Several years ago it was around $500.00 and can be transfered two times to other radios. You can not find it on the web site you need to call and ask. This is a radio subscription only.

This spring I got a letter offering 6 months for $20...but it was tied to me 08 Ex.

I'll be asking for that deal or letting it lapse. I like it, but with a smartphone it's not something I will pay much for.

we are up for renewal on our Sirius subscription at the end of the month- what kind of deals are you all getting on renewal? Best I've seen so far is $12.95 per month.
I'm sure you can do better. Give them a call. I think I got an extra year for quite a bit less than $100. Unfortunately I cannot recall the amount. I was speaking to a rep on another matter when the subject of an extension came up. I agreed to extend and it won't be charged to my credit card until the 6 month free expires. The rep I was speaking to was actually in Cairo, Egypt.

I just renewed for a year @ $100 plus taxes/fees = 109 ($9.10/mo). Includes Select radio and the travel link. Travel Link includes the Weather Map, Sports Scores, Gas Prices, Movies, etc. Since it is normally $24, the radio is about $76 ($6.33/mo + taxes/fees). I did not find the traffic to be very beneficial (too many alerts). (Normally $3.99 / mo)

My previous car had XM. I was able to pay $77 a year for the last few years. Hoping I can get that rate, otherwise, I will not continue the service.

If you are going to use Sirius for many years ask about their lifetime subscription. Several years ago it was around $500.00 and can be transfered two times to other radios. You can not find it on the web site you need to call and ask. This is a radio subscription only.

It can only be transferred if it was an after market radio. Lifetimes on factory radios go with the radio.

Thanks for the update, I shouldn't be shocked that I was given bad information.

thanks Holligl - I will use your number and start the negotiations there! My fallback position is to let it expire and use Pandora via the iPhone.

My previous car had XM. I was able to pay $77 a year for the last few years. Hoping I can get that rate, otherwise, I will not continue the service.

I got the same, $77 for a year that starts when the free trial expires.

The Winback Promo

No loss of stations

Sirius Travel Link is extra

thanks Holligl - I will use your number and start the negotiations there! My fallback position is to let it expire and use Pandora via the iPhone.

According to the rep only certian packages show up for certain radios. I could not get a standalone Travel Link according to this person. I could bundle it with traffic or the radio.

I just got an email offering 50% off, $6.42 per month. (no travel link or traffic, plus taxes/fees)
About the same for the radio service as what I got by calling but I added travel link and I'm paying annual and should renew at the same annually, where they say the monthly will expire after a year.

Just got off the phone with Sirius. Could not get the deals you folks were able to negotiate here. They were almost too comfortable to let my free trial period lapse. Is anyone paying the rate that is printed on the letter? Did you receive any offers after your initial period ended?

Thanks.

ercole - thanks, now I don't feel so bad - I got no deal at all - they didn't seem to care whether I let it expire or not...ended up renewing since my wife and daughter aren't terribly computer-savvy, I use Pandora and Spotify in my other car.

We'll see what happens come October for me.

I didn't bother renewing mine when it expired. It didn't have enough benefits to justify the cost for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got off the phone with Sirius. Could not get the deals you folks were able to negotiate here. They were almost too comfortable to let my free trial period lapse. Is anyone paying the rate that is printed on the letter? Did you receive any offers after your initial period ended?

Thanks.

I think their model is only offer the deals after expiration. I called a week later and they "found" a deal. Two days later I also got a Half off offer in the mail. I did want the travel Link too. You can live without it for a week or two to get the better deal. The only thing is, I signed up for a year and need to cancel in a year before automatic renewal at higher rates. (check the fine print)

Back