• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust help

bmeadow1

Reaction score
City, State
north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLS
so i was thinking about changing my exuast system so it will sound more like a truck. and i know i am getting a flowmaster 40 series but i was wondering would a dual or single system sound better coming from the muffler?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290626

In regards to what sounds better, thats a personal decision, hence listen to the differing options.

Personally, I think dual outs are a waste of time if its single in. Either true duals, x/h piped duals, or single in/single out.

Doing intake and tune too?

well that video was pretty cool to see but i have a V6...

and i was thinking of doing a cold air intake if i can find a good one for a low price

well that video was pretty cool to see but i have a V6...

and i was thinking of doing a cold air intake if i can find a good one for a low price

You're never going to find anything to make a V6, well this V6, sound good. Keep the pipe at 2.25 and it will sound deeper than a pipe that is 2.5". I've experimented with several different exhaust set ups and found that smaller pipes give a deeper sound. Probably go with a flowmaster 50 series.

My magnaflow gets a little too high pitched at times.

You're never going to find anything to make a V6, well this V6, sound good. Keep the pipe at 2.25 and it will sound deeper than a pipe that is 2.5". I've experimented with several different exhaust set ups and found that smaller pipes give a deeper sound. Probably go with a flowmaster 50 series.

My magnaflow gets a little too high pitched at times.

Hey nate I thought you ditched the magnaflow.

well i was also thinking of maybe straighting the pipe some or getting rid of the 3rd cat if i have one.

but im also still on the edge if i should get the flowmaster dual and have dual exhaust or not

i got single in and dual out 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport

Back