• Register Today It's free!

Must destroy backup beeper!!!

broncobilly69

Reaction score
City, State
Galveston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
So I've had it with my backup sensing system and just want the thing to stop beeping when I backup. I have a pretty good head that swivels and have all three mirrors so I think I can do without it. I've been seaching this forum, my haynes manual, and downloaded the owner's manual and still can't find much about it.

I just want to remove a fuse or cut the speaker out of the system to make it stop beeping. I don't want to spend any money on it I just don't need it! Any help would be apprecaited.

I'm thinking I'll tear into the interior right rear section and see if I can locate the beeper and cut it out and crimp the two wires together.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Theres no fuse showing up in the owners manual for the system?

Theres no fuse showing up in the owners manual for the system?

Yeah. The "key" for the fuse box doesn't show anything relating to backup sensor or anything like that except backup lights. I looked up some of the acronyms labeled on the fuse box manual but none of them seem right either.

2nd Gens came with back up alarms? I would guess it would be an add-on alarm spliced into the reverse lights power or maybe one of those reverse light bulbs that have a beeper in it.

Just my 2 Canadian cents.

The third gens have a switch in the dash to the left of the steering wheel to turn it off. I guess the second gens don't have an off switch?

The third gens have a switch in the dash to the left of the steering wheel to turn it off. I guess the second gens don't have an off switch?

The backup alarm system is factory. Four sensors in the bumper and an off switch on the dash to the right of the column. I hit the button everytime I backup cause the thing is just chiming constantly. I wonder if I could change the switch on the dash to a toggle switch and always leave it in the off position?

No. I just want to cut the damn chime out of the circuit and be done with it. It can do all the sensing it wants as long as I don't have to hear it.

Anybody have any answers to my problem?

2nd Gens came with back up alarms? I would guess it would be an add-on alarm spliced into the reverse lights power or maybe one of those reverse light bulbs that have a beeper in it.

Just my 2 Canadian cents.

Interesting thing about the bulb having the alarm. I'll have to go check that out and see. That could be a nice easy fix.

broncobilly69 said:
Interesting thing about the bulb having the alarm. I'll have to go check that out and see. That could be a nice easy fix.

Never seen them but I have heard of guys using them to easily meet construction site requirements.

They are certainly annoying and I plan on throwing a dash switch in the work truck to disable it.

Good luck.

Why not remove all 4 sensors and send them to me so I can fix my backup sensors (it makes backing up to a trailer a sinch when you're by yourself).

But seriously, if you disconnect one of the sensors it will automatically kick the system off when you put it into reverse. Any fault in the system will automatically force the system off when called upon.

Why not remove all 4 sensors and send them to me so I can fix my backup sensors (it makes backing up to a trailer a sinch when you're by yourself).

But seriously, if you disconnect one of the sensors it will automatically kick the system off when you put it into reverse. Any fault in the system will automatically force the system off when called upon.

Well I disconnected one of the sensors and during the intial testing it didn't come on. I'm gonna go get lunch and see how it works. If it does I'm seriously thinking about taking the sensors out to send to you. I'm just worried about the aesthetics of having four 3/4" holes in my bumper! Haha.

Thanks.

Well I disconnected one of the sensors and during the intial testing it didn't come on. I'm gonna go get lunch and see how it works. If it does I'm seriously thinking about taking the sensors out to send to you. I'm just worried about the aesthetics of having four 3/4" holes in my bumper! Haha.

Thanks.

C'mion, those 4 holes are a great excuse to buy an off-road rear bumper :p j/k

Glad it worked out for ya!

Thanks.
I will swap you my bad one for one of your good ones. Then mine will be working and yours will look the same and still be quite. ;)

Back