• Register Today It's free!

That's 2

myfoot

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois quad cities
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
Had our second black screen today. Can almost tell when it's going to screw up because weird things seem to happen to sync. Had a nice 300 mile trip this weekend to try things out before our Florida trip starting Thursday.

Stopped for lunch when we got back home and when I started the car I thought it was a black screen but it was the "scheduled maintenance" 2nd time it was started after that the black screen of death appeared. I'll call the dealer tomorrow but I'm not going to lay on my back and pull the fuse out.

If I have to stop at every dealer on the way to Florida I will. Let them bill Ford for warranty work.

On the plus side it's a very nice riding vehicle. No other problems that I noticed. I'll be taking my TOMTOM along just in case we lose our NAV .

Rob

Had our second black screen today. Can almost tell when it's going to screw up because weird things seem to happen to sync.
They all do that.....:D

I've gotten at least a couple. So long as it reboots and continues on, nothing much the dealer will be able to do for you.

Yeah I realize that but this is my wife's car so showing her how to do anything isn't going to help. We're both retired so we've got time to drop the car off.

I'm not sure what the shop charge is at the dealer but they at least get paid to pull the fuse, I don't. ;) I guess I feel that hitting them in the pocketbook may nudge them a little more.

Other than that it's a great car. I could live without the sync; the problem is not having manual controls when the screen goes dead.

EDIT: Well started it up and all of a sudden the performing system maintenance came up and our screen is back. Why it performed this twice in less than 24 hours is unknown but it saves me a trip today.

Maybe just a threat of going to the shop scared it :)

Back