My 99 EB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 99 EB

I joined awhile back and never got around to this so here it is.

I've got a 99 Eddie Bauer with the 5.0 and Awd. Has 172,000 miles however if runs and drives great and I can easily see getting another 100k out of it. NO rust. No body damage. Every option except sunroof, and the best part everything works.

I traded my 95 T100 for it back in March, and Id say I got the better deal.

Future plans are a 3inch lift, 33's. Hopefully a light bar, roof rack, push bar. Hesitant on these mods because mud=breaking stuff=money :rolleyes:

But anyway I love this truck, hope to keep it a long time. This forum has already been a lot of help to me so im glad to be a part.

Heres some pics. Huge btw, sorry.

photo.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo5.jpg

2011-06-02_21-41-37_219.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the '99 EB clique. :D

The last picture posted was the first time i took it off road. It wasnt anything intense, just a muddy pit off a dirt road where I live. The next day my check engine light came on, I ran the code using my superchips tuner and came up with a P0705 which is the transmission range sensor. I got up underneath to check it out and it was covered in mud...cleaned it all off with the compressor, check connections all seemed okay. After replacing it myself with no success I took it to Ford who then replaced the sensor and all has been okay since.

Is this common with getting these trucks dirty or just coincidence? I have no intention of keeping this truck clean but don't want to be spending $200+ everytime I "get a little mud on the tires"

Thanks for the welcomes guys

I don't think so. I mean, if things went wrong every time someone got theirs dirty, these trucks wouldn't be nearly as popular or fun as they are. I would just say it was a coincidence that a part went bad after you had some fun. Maybe that was just its last straw.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, why does your Explorer have actual truck plates?

I don't think so. I mean, if things went wrong every time someone got theirs dirty, these trucks wouldn't be nearly as popular or fun as they are. I would just say it was a coincidence that a part went bad after you had some fun. Maybe that was just its last straw.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, why does your Explorer have actual truck plates?

The Dmv asked me if I wanted car plates or truck plates. I said truck. Next vehicle i get will definitely be a truck so its less money when i can transfer them.

Ok that makes sense, thanks for letting me know. I was kind of puzzled. Great looking EB, definitely doesn't look like a 172k truck. Hope to see some mods soon!!

Ok that makes sense, thanks for letting me know. I was kind of puzzled. Great looking EB, definitely doesn't look like a 172k truck. Hope to see some mods soon!!

Thanks! Best part about the truck is it came with a folder of receipts from every oil change, every replaced part, tires, etc. It was well maintained to say the least. I can see this being a 300k+ mile truck.

nice eddie

Figured I'd update, add a couple pictures!

Haven't done much to it in the aftermarket department. Lightbar is about it, did that this weekend. Mostly been maintenance and replacing a couple things, front driveshaft, alternator, radiator, ujoints, changed all fluids in front/rearend and tc.

Had it just about a year now, put about 40k miles on it, about 1500 from 200k.

Looking for a push bar, basket for the roof rack and aftermarket headlights next. Lift will come in the spring, looking forward to that the most!

This forum has been great, lots of helpful people. Thanks guys!

ui2ik4b47c40dd5viewattth13599284eb8.jpg

Outer lights aren't as bright as the inner two. Only variable is the relays used (two different brands) Will try another relay and hopefully that fixes it.
ex2.jpg

ex.jpg

whats your relay set up for your lights? i have lights on the roof but they are not very bright, quite yellow. I am running 16 gauge wire.. maybe that is why. i have a regular fuse in it as well

roof rack info : http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346671

I have 'after market' lights. Cheap asian ones off ebay about 10-15 bucks per pair. head lights are 85/100w and fogs are 100W. they work great, i have had them a year so far and fogs have been through some decent water crossings

No sweat.

Rolled over on Thursday, I'm already up to 200600k. Running perfectly. :D

IMAG0039.jpg

Back