• Register Today It's free!

NOOB!! third row?

kritacal88

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento California
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
As it says in the title i'm new to this. I just traded my car for a 1995 ford explorer xlt and was wondering if i could install a third row from another suv. Any information will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As it says in the title i'm new to this. I just traded my car for a 1995 ford explorer xlt and was wondering if i could install a third row from another suv. Any information will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

www.explorerexpress.com sells a rear jump seat iirc.

anybody??

i already read about dealerships selling rear seats for 500+ but im looking to salvage some leather ones and was wondering what year make and models would work for this car if anyone has done it before....and thanks for the reply i was starting to wonder if anyone goes on these forums:)

You'll have to craft something from the junkyard, I have some pics at home of the ones I've seen fitted during my junkyard travels.

...and have patience- you posted the question at 3:41 am...

Also be aware you have to factor in the wheel wells. A regular 2nd row bench will not fit.

I'm not sure if they measure up correctly, but take a look at the 3rd gen third row seats. It only adds 2 seats, but should compensate for the wheel wells.

Dirt-any pictures? shadow-so the third gen explorer third rows should be able to fit if modded?

I'll have to look, my laptop crashed last night, so I spent all night trying to reload stuff. Thank God for backup drives!

ok..hope you get it fixed and recover the pictures.ahha and how do you post new threads

Go to the forum you wish to post under, and click the New Thread button above the list of threads

Working on pics...

I looked through, and I can't find them. :(

It was a 60-40 seat from a Ranger (just the 60 portion) mounted sideways against the passenger side wall of the rear compartment...

i see what you mean..but do you think itll maybe fit facing forward? and thanks ima take a trip to picknpull for third row and full limited or eddie bauer leather seating

Height?

i see what you mean..but do you think itll maybe fit facing forward? and thanks ima take a trip to picknpull for third row and full limited or eddie bauer leather seating

Remember the rear deck in your Explorer is a lot higher up than the rear seats are. You have to have some short passengers or people who don't mind hunching over.

yea i know that. its only for my family. mostly children. cant i just get the 60 portion seat from the another explorer just like mine and install it?

close thread please thank you

Any luck with this? we have a Kustom seat from jcwhitney, but im not sure I like it.

nope. no luck yet. still havent found the right seat that will look like it belongs there. u got a picture of that jc whitney seat?

hmm..i didnt get an email notification..may have to fix that....anyways, I dont have it installed yet, its black cloth, which doesnt match our factory leather, and the seat back is short on this particular seat. I may modify it, or sell it and possibly look into one of these http://www.discountvantruck.com/suv3rdrowseats/explorer4runnertroopersuv3rdseats.htm (hope this is allowed mods??)
or have a buddy fab up a bracket for the 3rd seat we had in our 94 trooper. That 3rd seat came out of the middle row of a ford windstar, reclines, so it made it easy to make comfortable for the kids...sorry no pics of that set-up either...the trooper went to hell before I got any further.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back