1994 explorer suspension lift question. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 explorer suspension lift question.

looks good id put some f250 shock towers on you can use a longer shock on the front then. and mine doesnt look much higher with 4" springs in the front

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good id put some f250 shock towers on you can use a longer shock on the front then. and mine doesnt look much higher with 4" springs in the front

Need to learn to weld before I attempt that. But it's going on my list.

;) For my lift 2" i just use this

RS5000 Rancho Shock Absorber front and rear

SKYJACKER Add-A-Leaf
SKYJACKER Coil Springs

Lift Shackles

Here's just my experience

:exp::exp:

Need to learn to weld before I attempt that. But it's going on my list.

You don't have to weld. Just cut. Yes, it might be slightly stronger if yo weld. But I didn't and I have had no problems what so ever. I don't rock crawl or jump it though. Just daily and some trails

You don't have to weld. Just cut. Yes, it might be slightly stronger if yo weld. But I didn't and I have had no problems what so ever. I don't rock crawl or jump it though. Just daily and some trails

I think I saw one that wasn't welded together in some one elses build thread. But i still might weld it anyway.

;) For my lift 2" i just use this

RS5000 Rancho Shock Absorber front and rear

SKYJACKER Add-A-Leaf
SKYJACKER Coil Springs

Lift Shackles

Here's just my experience

any part numbers on the add-a leaf , coil springs ,and lift shackles?

:scratch: Hello everyone,

After installing my 2 "lift I asked whether I could completely remove the rear swaybar to improve articulation (wheel travel). for use on normal road every day.
this is possible or not. this is risk to my safety

Thank you very much for your advices

ditch the rear sway altogether and get some quick disconnects for the front

ditch the rear sway altogether and get some quick disconnects for the front

So the best is to leave it in place
Thank you very much

Looks like this thread is dead but i thought i would ask anyway! Were the rear F150 Springs the same length bolt to bolt as the explorer or did you have to move a spring hanger?

Looks like this thread is dead but i thought i would ask anyway! Were the rear F150 Springs the same length bolt to bolt as the explorer or did you have to move a spring hanger?

With the f150 I used I didn't have to do a thing.

@ Spicycook

You also might want to look at ditching those Goodyear Wranglers. Those things are about the worst made tire in existence and are absolutely awful on anything other than absolutely dry pavement. Any other tire would be better, not joking.

I had a set on my 94 and in a light rain I slid around like crazy!

Back