1st pics of my sport trac | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st pics of my sport trac

Wow :eek: that is one damn good looking sport trac! I love those decals with the Sport Trac XLT name in em. Looks really nice all blacked out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. The front end looks a lot like mine, except I have a different black grill and have different method of tinting the lower fogs lens. I like the hood graphic. I was thinking of doing that with mine, but put my plans on hold because I'm looking to trade the truck possibly for something better.

I still need to wrap the hood trim in black vinyl.

You know, I think I would leave it chrome. It sets off the black accents. When using black as a accent I think it's better not to get too much of it. Too much is a bad thing.

You know, I think I would leave it chrome. It sets off the black accents. When using black as a accent I think it's better not to get too much of it. Too much is a bad thing.

Yeah I was actualy thinking that myself and ive had a few people tell me the same but theres something about it not being finished thats bugging me, you know. I just might leave it though cause im not real sure if the vinyl would match. Thanks for all the compliments guys.

P8060063.jpg

My "ST" decal. Thanks for the link and idea!!

any advice to eliminate the fading on the plastic parts(steps, bumpers, etc) around the truck?

any advice to eliminate the fading on the plastic parts(steps, bumpers, etc) around the truck?

The only thing I know of that really works well for me is Mothers Back-To-Black,
BUTTTTT there is a downside it makes the plastic slick as ice so I don't use it on the steps, but the black trim/bumpers do regain their black appearance for a month or so, If anyone has the secret to keep the steps black (mine are practically gray) without making them ice, I'd love to know because I'm almost at the point where I want to remove them.

Speaking of 'Ice' I use Turtle wax ice. Works really good for me. Maybe give it a shot.

Back