Weapon Type-R Performance Intake | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weapon Type-R Performance Intake

ive had my cone filter caked in mud and the inside is SPOTLESS................

as for loss of low end torque the 4.0L doesnt havent enough to notice a difference

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as for loss of low end torque the 4.0L doesnt havent enough to notice a difference

Thats good to know! :thumbsup: I didnt figure i would see much of a change at all. Thanks!

You can't see it. There are places you can mail your oil to to get it analyzed. Without a doubt your oil will be dirtier with a high flow filter then a paper filter. Just being techinical.

I am not trying to rain on anyones parade. It is just my belief that a CAI installation on a "stock" vehicle is a waste of money and technically does more harm then good.

I looked at the Weapon-R website and they state that the "secretweaponpreformance.com" site listed in the first post is not a participating supplier of their products.
See page here http://www.weapon-r.com/home
If you are interested in buying one of these I would start with the source.

I looked at the Weapon-R website and they state that the "secretweaponpreformance.com" site listed in the first post is not a participating supplier of their products.
See page here http://www.weapon-r.com/home
If you are interested in buying one of these I would start with the source.

Thanks for specifying that!

So, you've had it for over six months, any adverse effects or anything?

You can't see it. There are places you can mail your oil to to get it analyzed. Without a doubt your oil will be dirtier with a high flow filter then a paper filter. Just being techinical.

I am not trying to rain on anyones parade. It is just my belief that a CAI installation on a "stock" vehicle is a waste of money and technically does more harm then good.

I think you mean a cheap intake/filter on any motor not just an aftermarket intake/filter on a stock motor. I've rebuilt a "stock" motor for an old daily driver of mine many years ago. 305 cubic inch chevy. Stock bottom end, stock heads, mild cam, stock intake, aftermarket carb, and a performance air filter. Regular oil changes, and regularly cleaned and oiled the air filter per manufacturers recommendations. After 65,x.. miles the cars frame rotted out and I pulled the motor and trans. to stick in a different vehicle. Decided a sprucing up of the motor was in order. Pulled it apart and it was as clean and pretty as the day I assembled it.

Is the breather hose kinked? If it is you need a longer hose to get rid of the kink.

Hey what size and angle is the pipe I'm trying to put it all seperate cuz the thing is expensive even on ebay

Looks good...ive been looking for an intake to put in my x

with that same filter and intake i pulled it off after only 5k of on road driving. I ran my finger across the istide of the tube and you could see dust coating the inside! upgraded to a k&n universal filter with same setup and had no problem at all. It would be a good idea ESPECIALLY if you drive off-road.

Back