Lemon law | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lemon law

This will be my 6th service for the same problem. And its documented correctly.

My dealership and Ford have given me perks because of the problem, and i appreciate that. But the fact is, i still have the problem, its an obvious problem, and my dealership has never tried to deny it. They keep trying to fix it, and i keep hoping that that this is the time that it will be fixed.

I am however not very happy with how Ford has handled this, they should be more involved in trying to resolve this problem.

In the end, if it's a Lemon. It will be Fords problem, correct?

You need to write letters and speak with the people at ford directly, Tell them they need to completly eliminate the problem by replacing the entire transmision. I saw somthing similar happen with a woman that bought a commander from the chrysler dealership i work for, her cel kept returning and it was going into limp mode. 5 or 6 trips to service later ther was a whole new enigine block ect. She went directly to chrysler. They payed for it, the dealerships dont really give a f*** to be honest with you. They only make money on the labor when it come to warranty work. Why not have it come back in there eyes you see? hope that helps.

Its Fixed...

My transmission problems continue. In the shop 5x and a total of about 30 days for this problem, and the problem is worse then ever. My dealership has been more than accommodating, but i don't know what else to do. I would not feel comfortable taking this vehicle on a trip. I have put my life on hold long enough for this new vehicle. i don't see any other choice at this time but to pursue the lemon law.

Does anyone have any experience with the lemon law? Or know what i sould expect.

What did they fix/replace?

The problem is in the transmission cooling system. Something in the system, i think a cooling line, vibrates during high transmission pressure points, its very audible and you can feel it in the accelerator. They made a modification per a new ford tech bulletin, and the problem is gone. Ford has a new redesigned part that they ordered and are going to replace.

Back