96 rectangular foglight - same light on both sides? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 rectangular foglight - same light on both sides?

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
Are the rectangular foglights on a 96 the same on both sides, with the only difference being the mounting bracket?

Are other similar rectangular OEM Ford (non-Explorer and non-Mountaineer) foglights around that year the same, with those only having different mounting brackets as well?

:scratch:

Yes the left and right fog lights are the same. '06 and '97 used the same fog light, but not any other Ford models. I found some aftermarket rectangle fog lights at an auto parts store that I mounted in the Ford brackets.

Yes the left and right fog lights are the same. '06 and '97 used the same fog light, but not any other Ford models. I found some aftermarket rectangle fog lights at an auto parts store that I mounted in the Ford brackets.
Aren't the 95 and 96 fog lights the same also? My brother-in-law has a 96 Limited and his fog lights look just like mine. I haven't taken them out to examine them, just glanced at them.
I just removed my fog lights because they were both rattling around loose. I found that the plastic stand-off posts were broken on both of them. Refusing to buy new, I cleaned them up, super-glued the posts back on and surrounded them with a thick layer of plastic epoxy. Then, I filed the edges smooth, tapped the holes for 6x32 thread stainless steele screws, and painted the back side black. Then, I shot blasted the brackets & hardware and painted them black. I replaced both bulbs with new #899 37.5W bulbs (one was burnt out) and reassembled them. Now they look just like new. Just thought I would add my two cents for those of us that want to save a few bucks.:D

did you mean 96-97?

Back