• Register Today It's free!

JD Power

GregV8

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I thought I saw another thread about this but can't find it...
Anyone else got the JD Power Survey in the mail? I did, and sent it back today.
My very honest and thorough opinion is reflected in my ratings: the new Explorer is amazing in many ways, especially in terms of quiet interior, excellent ride. But man, that MFT sucks ass. The complaints I noted: so slow that it poses a safety hazard to the driver; and trying to enter a nav destination is an aggravating experience.
I don't want this to become another MFT thread so please let's keep those comments for the other threads.

I just hope that many people fill out the survey and Ford will get the message.

I thought that Ford already got the message but seems no - still no "major overhaul" available to suckers (i.e. customers) like me. The problem is well known to have severely impacted Ford's reputation and yet I don't see the whole team getting their ***** fired and a software SWAT team brought in. I work in sw development myself and I know that **** can get fixed very quickly if the management is clear about it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322097&highlight=survey

Found it searching for "survey", seemed like a simple seach criteria.

You don't want others to respond, but instead of stopping at reminding everyone to fill out the survey, the complaining starts. I'm not a sucker for spending $45K for a truck I would buy again; if you consider yourself one, sell it and move on with your life, find something else to complain about.

Saftey is the single most important thing for you, the people in your truck and the people driving around you. If you have a concern about MFT being a true saftey hazard, then use the manual systems that are available (set your A/C, radio station and destination before leaving) and don't touch your phone while driving.

The endless complaining to the forum is getting old for many of us, and the responses are going to get sharper. If people are looking for help, ask; we all want to help. If people have constructive ideas, post them.

Don't post a speech and then ask the rest of us not to respond.

I thought I saw another thread about this but can't find it...
Anyone else got the JD Power Survey in the mail? I did, and sent it back today.

My very honest and thorough opinion is reflected in my ratings: the new Explorer is amazing in many ways, especially in terms of quiet interior, excellent ride. But man, that MFT sucks ass. The complaints I noted: so slow that it poses a safety hazard to the driver; and trying to enter a nav destination is an aggravating experience.

I don't want this to become another MFT thread so please let's keep those comments for the other threads.

I just hope that many people fill out the survey and Ford will get the message.

I thought that Ford already got the message but seems no - still no "major overhaul" available to suckers (i.e. customers) like me. The problem is well known to have severely impacted Ford's reputation and yet I don't see the whole team getting their ***** fired and a software SWAT team brought in. I work in sw development myself and I know that **** can get fixed very quickly if the management is clear about it.

"I don't want this to become another MFT thread so please let's keep those comments for the other threads."

If you don't want this to be ANOTHER thread on MFT, then why do you spend half of the post talking about MFT????? LOL

Get real.

LAME

"I don't want this to become another MFT thread so please let's keep those comments for the other threads."

If you don't want this to be ANOTHER thread on MFT, then why do you spend half of the post talking about MFT????? LOL

Get real.

LAME

Damn man, I think Greg is trying to be respectful as possible. Didn't need to put him out there like that Vic. MFT is the biggest issue alive and Ford fixing it would be nice.

Damn man, I think Greg is trying to be respectful as possible. Didn't need to put him out there like that Vic. MFT is the biggest issue alive and Ford fixing it would be nice.

I'm just calling it the way I see it. I don't think calling Explorer owners "suckers" is very respectful.

I don't think saying something "sucks ass" advances the conversation in any meaningful way.

I don't think saying "I know that **** blah blah blah...." is really very respectful either.

I don't think talking about people having their "***** fired" is relevant. Should we start demanding people's performance ratings from Human Resources???? Huh?

Not sure what is 'respectful' about that message, but if that's what's accepted as respectful then I don't mind responding in kind.

If someone wants to advance the conversation and add some value, great!, but the drama, *****ing and moaning from a few got old a long time ago.

If Ford would take the car back at price paid (minus value of miles driven) I would be first to hand back the keys and would stop *****ing. Me selling it and losing thousands because they can't fix MFT (so it's a lemon) - no thanks.

That's how bitter I am about the problem. Everything else is great and I made sure my survey reflects that in an objective manner so the real issue can be pinpointed.

I am removing the "don't complain here" I posted in my original post because you're right, I am complaining but I stand by my point.
I did not mean to offend anyone here and being a long time forum member I truly respect everyone in this community. (And I realize there are too many threads about MFT.)

Back