Navigation Screen Is Blank | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Navigation Screen Is Blank

abhoop

Reaction score
City, State
Paris, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have been very happy with my 2011 LTM Explorer until today (received it June 22, 2011)when I noticed not only is the rear camera not working the entire screen is black. I have an appointment tomorrow am and I hope this is something simple. Afraid I am skeptical. So my navigation and all menus are not available.

Anybody else have this problem?

Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been very happy with my 2011 LTM Explorer until today (received it June 22, 2011)when I noticed not only is the rear camera not working the entire screen is black. I have an appointment tomorrow am and I hope this is something simple. Afraid I am skeptical. So my navigation and all menus are not available.

Anybody else have this problem?

Andy

Before wasting time going to the dealer, do exactly what they are going to do first. Pull off the negative batter cable.

This is the number one quick fix for MFT (My Ford Touch) problems that don't need replacement/parts.

Had to pull mine for the second time in two months to fix a navigation problem. I had an overlay screen that would not go away.

Don't pull the battery cable! Doing so looses the codes that will tell the tech what the errors are. There is some pretty good detail in the IVT section of the forum.

"A battery cable disconnect erases all codes that may help diagnose your vehicle; it should be performed by your service department."

Try pulling the SD card out wait 10 seconds and reinsert it some times that works.

Navigation My Ford Touch screen was blank

I was lucky that the tech at the dealership found a loose connection and everything seems to be working fine now.

Andy

I was lucky that the tech at the dealership found a loose connection and everything seems to be working fine now.

Andy

Glad to hear your system is working now, Andy!

Don't pull the battery cable! Doing so looses the codes that will tell the tech what the errors are. There is some pretty good detail in the IVT section of the forum.

"A battery cable disconnect erases all codes that may help diagnose your vehicle; it should be performed by your service department."

+1 (Great quote ;) )

Before wasting time going to the dealer, do exactly what they are going to do first. Pull off the negative batter cable.
This is the number one quick fix for MFT (My Ford Touch) problems that don't need replacement/parts.
Had to pull mine for the second time in two months to fix a navigation problem. I had an overlay screen that would not go away.

This is not a good "quick fix." Like JDJones said, this will erase the codes needed to diagnose what is causing the problem.

If you have to do something before you can make it to your dealer, a fuse pull will reboot the system for you. If you ever need help with this, please feel free to Private Message me.

Try pulling the SD card out wait 10 seconds and reinsert it some times that works.

+1

Rebecca

Back