• Register Today It's free!

Worst mistake I ever made.....

dkmapl

Reaction score
City, State
chesterfield mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
Purchased a new 2011 Ford Explorer in Feb of this year --- it has now been back to the Ford dealer 5 times to address issues such as oil leaks, engine motor fan malfunction to electrical issues.....just when I thought I could beleive the claims Ford was making regarding quality and dependability.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, you've never been married.

I kid :) I think you are the first oil leak complaint I have seen. Sorry you are having so much trouble.

Not saying it's this case but it sure is easy to post something with no documentation to a popular forum to sway public opinion. I do notice this is your first post...so maybe give us more detail?

Purchased a new 2011 Ford Explorer in Feb of this year --- it has now been back to the Ford dealer 5 times to address issues such as oil leaks, engine motor fan malfunction to electrical issues.....just when I thought I could beleive the claims Ford was making regarding quality and dependability.

Actually, someone else had leaking problems and it was related to the transmission I believe. I truly believe once your problems are fixed though that you'll see the vehicle for what it really is. It's a very beautiful car.

Sorry your vehicle has had issues, but that doesn't reflect on the vast majority of us out here that absolutely love our Explorers.
Your Ford dealer should be able to fix your vehicle, or find a dealer that is more competent.

what documentation do you want George?

I'm not sure that I understand your comment about swaying public opinion. This is the first time I have ever posted to any type of forum -- my hope is to warn others of my experience with this make/model.....I hope others are not as unlucky as I. If I could do it all over again, I would not have made this purchase.

what documentation do you want George?

I'm not sure that I understand your comment about swaying public opinion. This is the first time I have ever posted to any type of forum -- my hope is to warn others of my experience with this make/model.....I hope others are not as unlucky as I. If I could do it all over again, I would not have made this purchase.

You really want to warn people and sway them away because you are having issues? This is your first time EVER having a product not perform as expected and it impassioned you to take to the net and warn people???

I think what George meant was you were not exactly detailed in your first post. For instance, you went to the dealer five times according to you. You list three issues, number three being pretty vague. Read around, we give detail and try to help each other out. Check the A-pillar thread, we want to all be happy with our purchase. Stick around, maybe you can get the answers to make you happy with your X also.

been back to the Ford dealer 5 times
1.oil leaks
2. engine motor fan malfunction
3. electrical issues.

I would not want to have issues like these on a new car either, which is why I’d like to offer my assistance to help. I can escalate your concern if you’d like to private message me with your VIN, contact info, dealer name, and approximate mileage.

Cory

You really want to warn people and sway them away because you are having issues? This is your first time EVER having a product not perform as expected and it impassioned you to take to the net and warn people???

Come on guys, he has a problem and he is complaining. What's wrong with that? If you have a perfect X, enjoy it and feel lucky. But there are a lot of owners out there that are really suffering from the "sporatic" quality issues of the X. Be sympathetic!

No one is denying that the X is a great truck. But it really has a lot issues. Let's be realistic. Reporting the issues so that public pressure will force Ford to correct them quickly, and futher owners will suffer less, what is wrong with that?

dkmapl

I meant exactly with uniquename said only I was at lunch at the time and in a rush. Ford put people here to help those who are having problems with the Explorer as I am sure you must have seen when you first found this forum. Yet instead of reaching out to them you said what you posted above. You could just post the problems you are having (had) and what your Ford dealer did for you each time. Then it might be easier for someone to reach out to you and help if you want it. Maybe your dealer is the one that leaves something to be desired.

Just as Ford put someone here to help we all know there are others who do just the opposite...that's corporate America and the Internet! I hope you can get some answers here and get your faith restored so you can enjoy your purchase. :)

I think in fairness to Ford, that they are working on things. There biggest issue is MFT and software fixes take time - unfortunately I know that too well.

There are some problems and issues to work out, and I'm hoping that many will be resolved with the next iteration for 2012, particularly with the $!00 million laser quality robot.

While I see a fair number of complaints on here (as many have pointed out, online forums are more likely to attract product complaints than compliments) I also don't see anyone say "Ford wouldn't deal with the issue".

No Ford owner has had to take their car to a dealership and go to the extreme of this Lamborghini owner to get Ford's attention, so even though I note the problems I'm optimistic and believe that issues will be resolved:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/110255/video-disgruntled-lamborghini-owner-sledgehammers-gallardo/

dkmapl

I meant exactly with uniquename said only I was at lunch at the time and in a rush. Ford put people here to help those who are having problems with the Explorer as I am sure you must have seen when you first found this forum. Yet instead of reaching out to them you said what you posted above. You could just post the problems you are having (had) and what your Ford dealer did for you each time. Then it might be easier for someone to reach out to you and help if you want it. Maybe your dealer is the one that leaves something to be desired.

Just as Ford put someone here to help we all know there are others who do just the opposite...that's corporate America and the Internet! I hope you can get some answers here and get your faith restored so you can enjoy your purchase. :)
I agree with gdecamp and calb. I’m here to make sure you’re happy with your purchase and I’ll do everything I can to help resolve your concerns dkmapl.

Cory

If DK is unhappy with his purchase this the correct forum, as long as it is done respectfully. But this an explorer enthusiasts site, and most of us are pretty fond of our explorers. The advantage of this site is not just to be able to vent, but this site's best attribute is our ability to help each other solve problems associated with our beloved explorers.

Back