Audio Video in Center Console | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Audio Video in Center Console

MJN

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
11 Limited
I am trying to trouble shoot my A/V In jacks in the center console as they have not worked since I got the truck. The audio works fine but the video does not. It just displays the three wires picture regradless of what position the drive shifter is in and I never get an error message that says it only works in park if I test it while driving .

Can someone tell me when the "only works in park" message is displayed on the MFT. Obviously it displays it when in Drive but does the message come up as soon as you press the A/V In source on the left side of the screen or does it only come up when you have something connected to the Jack and you are in Drive? Do you need something connected to the yellow video in jack for the message to come up?

I have been trying to get dealer to update the MFT from 2.4 on the slim chance that a bad image write is causing the problem but they still tell me they have not figured out how to update the MFT yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're bumping after 1 day?
I can't replicate the problem you're experiencing, however if your dealer hasn't figured out how to update MFT for a vehicle that has been on the market for 3/4 of a year, you should probably find a new dealership (or contact FORD directly and explain your dealer is refusing a warranty repair)

There is another dealer in town but can I just take the truck there and expect to get a free MFT update? Would they insist to charge me because I did not buy the truck from them?

Do you get the "only works in park" message when in drive?. If so then does it display this message as soon as you choose A/V In as the source or do you need something connected for the message to appear?

I am trying to trouble shoot my A/V In jacks in the center console as they have not worked since I got the truck. The audio works fine but the video does not. It just displays the three wires picture regradless of what position the drive shifter is in and I never get an error message that says it only works in park if I test it while driving .

Can someone tell me when the "only works in park" message is displayed on the MFT. Obviously it displays it when in Drive but does the message come up as soon as you press the A/V In source on the left side of the screen or does it only come up when you have something connected to the Jack and you are in Drive? Do you need something connected to the yellow video in jack for the message to come up?

I have been trying to get dealer to update the MFT from 2.4 on the slim chance that a bad image write is causing the problem but they still tell me they have not figured out how to update the MFT yet.

That is the exact problem I'm having! I still have 2.4 though.

There is another dealer in town but can I just take the truck there and expect to get a free MFT update? Would they insist to charge me because I did not buy the truck from them?

If it is a Ford dealer with a Ford service department then they are obligated to do warranty work on any Ford vehicles that are under warranty. If you explain your problem, and let them know sync support recommended you have the dealership update your sync version, they should do the update.

You don't have to have a vehicle serviced at the same place you purchased it.

Do you get the "only works in park" message when in drive?. If so then does it display this message as soon as you choose A/V In as the source or do you need something connected for the message to appear?

Hi MJN!

When nothing is plugged in, the picture of the 3 connectors comes up (even in drive). When something is plugged in the video port, you should get the warning message.

You can take your vehicle to any Ford dealership, you do not have to stick to the one you purchased your vehicle from. You can always call the other dealership and ask them if they will service your vehicle under warranty.

Rebecca

Back