Ultra-Gauge 5$ off! Limited Time Only... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ultra-Gauge 5$ off! Limited Time Only...

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Since theyre currently out of stock/restocking, theyre offering 5$ off for anyone who orders during this period.

Ive wanted one ever since this thread popped up; and I just keep putting it on the back burner.

Ill probably order one tomorrow. $5 more dollars off the already low price, probably not gonna get much better than that.

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

$54.95 (After the mail in rebate/test thing:D)

If you dont know what it is; heres a little video:

If you watch this video on YouTube, this comment was great:
Got mine in the mail today, I love it. I drove my truck around for like 4 hours playing with it. I never knew the diffence in mpg vs. mph. big change. with this gauge I was able to get 21.7mpg average on freeway with a silverado crew cab 2500. alot better than the 15 mpg I was getting a 75mpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i broke down and bought one today. I will post up info when i get it and drive around a bit.

I bought mine last night....im just curious as to when im gonna get it! Im anxious :D

When we ordered our, we got it 3 days later. When we did the mail in rebate it took about 2 weeks to get it back into our paypal. Also, follow all their rules for the mail in rebate.. they are stickers about it..

btw. We love it and even though its not supposed to see temps over I think 150F, Ours has read 178F and thats with stored out of the sun..

~Mark

I may get one as well. I believe you can calibrate it for larger tires correct?

Yes sir, I was JUST reading on that this morning, it'l be nice not having to remember that 65mph is now 70, 45 is 47 etc. (With my new rims and tires)

But I think the discount is gone now, as theyre back in stock and shipping tomorrow...

Still a DAMN good price though, and I love the way this thing looks compared to the overpriced ScanGauges. I read quite a few bad reviews on the ScanGauges having problems also.

No complaints from what ive seen about the UltraGauge besides a few had troubles getting the "Auto Gas Refill" feature to work (Whatever its called), and the fact that its not in Metric.

Im stoked to get mine! I may even ditch my message center (Depending on if I can get this thing mounted cleanly somewhere and look like its not just velcroed on, or stick to the windshield) and throw a sport console piece in there so I have some storage space.

Yeah its back to sixty bucks, still a great price though. Haven't seen any bad reviews yet besides that gas refill issue you are having. Can you still read your average/instant mpg if you are not telling it you have refilled?

I plan to mount mine in the cubby hole where your message center is. I too will be looking forward to an accurate speedo/odo after I calibrate it. Just doing a little more searching on it before I bit the bullet. The problem is ill be on vacation when it will probably arrive!

Ours is still working great. I haven't seen any issues with the fuel fill reset. I just hold the top button on the back/right down and after a few seconds it resets.

I'm surprised its actually lasting with the extreme temps its been reporting thanks to the Az sun.

The only complaint I've really been reading about it, other than it not being metric (I think they are selling a metric version now) is that it doesn't read vehicle specific sensors. In other words, it can't read the trans temp on the explorer since thats not part of the standard odb-II sensor list.

I do like that it will tell me when there is a pending code or if an actual code has been set right away. I can then clear it if I need/want to.

~Mark

I don't see a personal need for metric. Why do you see the need for metric, Maniak? Just curious? I also wish it did trans temps, but the scan gauge doesn't either(i think). Regardless that scan gauge is 150 bucks, this is 60.

We dont need nor want metric. I was just stating the complaints I've scene. Also, from what I've read the scangauge can read ford auomatic trans temps.

~Mark

Yes, that was another thing I forgot about...but if you NEED that feature, I guess shell out double the price for the ScanGauge:dunno:

Maniak, don't you have a Civic? Have you used it in there? Specifically the instant MPGs how high have you gotten:D (Coasting at a decent speed)

Yes, that was another thing I forgot about...but if you NEED that feature, I guess shell out double the price for the ScanGauge:dunno:

Maniak, don't you have a Civic? Have you used it in there? Specifically the instant MPGs how high have you gotten:D (Coasting at a decent speed)

From my post in another thread... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2710614&postcount=30
Maniak said:
Oh yea.. I got a new record today on the Instant Gas Mileage. 301.4 MPG Thats 70 mph, down hill, car in neutral and clutch in

I've seen it hit 325mpg before too, but thats upwards of 80mph. I'll see what I can get it to do tomorrow, but there is no way I'm gonna take a pic at those speeds.. :)
My overall average for the last month, with a/c on, and driving 80mph is 36.6 mpg and I noticed it reads a lower mpg than I'm really getting when the honda is running in vtec-e (some valves closed).

~Mark

Cool:thumbsup: But yea i don't blame you on the picture, I wanna try mine out in the Fiesta, I'm up to 40 avg mpg on the display in the car.

FINALLY! My UG shipped today! Hopefully it'l be here Monday!

Yessir:

Your Order # 155XX was shipped to you on 07/22/2011 via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail to the following address:

Name
Address
Monroe, MI 48161-5784

The package's Delivery Confirmation ID is 4204xxxxxxxxxx98699153

To check the delivery status of your package at any time please visit:
https://www.endicia.com/Status/?PIC=94055xxxxx3998699153
or the U.S. Postal Service's web-site:
http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

******** ATTENTION **********
Tracking may not update for up to 12 to 48 hours from receipt of this email.
USPS priority International tracking may take several days and in some cases may never update depending on the destination country.
First Class International Mail can not be tracked, and no tracking number is provided.
Please see our policies page for additional information:

http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/support/UltraGauge_Policies.htm

UltraGauge

Been at work since 6, and USPS is saying the gauge will be here today, times going by SOOOO slow!

I ordered one and it shipped on the 25th... I still can't get any info from USPS on when it will be here... It will probably just show up Thursday or Friday...

I can't wait to get this; But I have a leaking gas tank to fix this weekend first I guess to keep me busy...

Not like work doesn't....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will probably be here tomorrow, 2 day shipping pretty much!

I like it, but its WAY smaller than what I thought, and really confusing. I havent changed the gauge layouts yet. I still cant figure out where to put it.

Back