What improvements came with V2.11? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What improvements came with V2.11?

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Hello. I'm wondering from those who got V2.11 installed, what improvements have you seen? Here is what I'd like to know that got fixed:

Does it run faster?

Did they fix it to where when you browse your media device, it stays at the album you want so you don't have to browse through the whole thing again?

Has phone pairing issues stopped?

Any new glitches?

What other improvements do you see?

Those are the things that I have been wondering about so if you have an answer, please let us know. :)

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Will report findings.I did notice it was way faster. Did notice that all my album art that didn't show up previous is now showing up. No lag to speak of in anything. To early to tell. Let ya know in a week.

Not to rain on the version 2.11 party, but it was installed in my Explorer today and the nav system still crashes when the Sirius Travel Link weather radar tries to load.

I also still had to deal with the "Performing Scheduled System Maintenance" screen. We only drove it about 30 minutes and those issues remain.

I am now going to try to evoke the Lemon law and get my money back on this one. 6 trips to the dealer and 2 versions of software later (started on 2.4, went to 2.8, and now 2.11) and I still have the same issues.

Hopefully version 2.11 solves everybody else's problems, but my hopes were dashed.

Not to rain on the version 2.11 party, but it was installed in my Explorer today and the nav system still crashes when the Sirius Travel Link weather radar tries to load.

I also still had to deal with the "Performing Scheduled System Maintenance" screen. We only drove it about 30 minutes and those issues remain.

I am now going to try to evoke the Lemon law and get my money back on this one. 6 trips to the dealer and 2 versions of software later (started on 2.4, went to 2.8, and now 2.11) and I still have the same issues.

Hopefully version 2.11 solves everybody else's problems, but my hopes were dashed.

Thus my insistence that software is not the only issue. I think there is some bad hardware out there. The problem is that dealers are not adequately trained on how to debug this thing and actually deal with the problems, and so all ford knows is "MFT is bad" - and they assume software.

Yup, you have a lemon. Mine has worked great from day 1. No real big issues. So no need for tissues. Lemons are lemons. Your bound to get some. Good luck with the LEMON law thingy. Here in Canada we go to arbitration. So if you're from Canakistan and have a LEMON. Document everything. Explorer ROCKS. At least mine does. Love driving it. Love MFT. LOVE IT. Getting 11.3 in the city right now.

Good luck on the lemon law thing. Let us know how it goes. I hope to avoid it, but if things don't improve I will be doing the same thing.

Anyone have any word on if the "bluetooth noise" is addressed in the new software?

Anyone have any word on if the "bluetooth noise" is addressed in the new software?

What BT noise? Mine has no issue streaming audio or holding a phone conversation. I have been told it is far superior to the sound in my 08.

someone posted that his bluetooth noise issue was resolved by turning down the A/C blower fan and/or the A/C seats.

The bluetooth noise is the wind tunnel effect anyone receiving a cell phone call hears. I posted that idea about turning down the AC volume, but I since discovered that only helps when the vehicle is stopped or going slow. At highway speeds, people don't even want you to call them.

see this link for more info on this problem

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315634&highlight=phone+noise

The bluetooth noise is the wind tunnel effect anyone receiving a cell phone call hears. I posted that idea about turning down the AC volume, but I since discovered that only helps when the vehicle is stopped or going slow. At highway speeds, people don't even want you to call them.

see this link for more info on this problem

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315634&highlight=phone+noise

It's an SUV...it happens. As I said, mine is much better than the 08. I had AC on full yesterday and had a conversation at 75 mph with no issue.

How come it happens to some of us and not others?

How come it happens to some of us and not others?

What phone do you have, and do you have "stereo audio" enabled on your phone? If you don't - try enabling it.

Have you taken it into your dealer? maybe your microphone is defective.

There is no stereo audio setting on my phone. It is a very recent android smart phone and it should work well with MFT. The dealer said "I couldn't find anything" but if you look at this thread, you'll know that it is more than my phone or my microphone. If it were the microphone, why would it work when you are stopped and not work when you are on the highway? There's more to it than that.

There is no stereo audio setting on my phone. It is a very recent android smart phone and it should work well with MFT. The dealer said "I couldn't find anything" but if you look at this thread, you'll know that it is more than my phone or my microphone. If it were the microphone, why would it work when you are stopped and not work when you are on the highway? There's more to it than that.

I looked at the thread, you still don't mention what phone you have. I find it close to impossible that a recent android phone doesn't have a2dp.

My phone is a Samsung Captivate. My wife has he same problem with her Motorola Tundra.

My phone is a Samsung Captivate. My wife has he same problem with her Motorola Tundra.

The captivate has bluetooth stereo. Can't find how to turn it on though.

A quick google search recommends you upgrade to newer software (may have to take it into the cellphone store to do this) as apparently the stock software had bluetooth issues.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate/110329-anyone-bluetooth-audio-quality-issues.html

Also, do you have Wi-Fi enabled on either the car or your phone? It seems some users are reporting issues with interference between the bluetooth and the wi-fi.

jrm,

thanks for the interest and help. I checked the Captivate users manual and stereo is not mentioned anywhere. I do have the most recent software version on the Captivate. Still, the problem is duplicated on my wife's Tundra which seems to rule out the phones.

I didn't know about any wi-fi problems and I'm not certain if it is turned on in the X. It is off on the Captivate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jrm,

thanks for the interest and help. I checked the Captivate users manual and stereo is not mentioned anywhere. I do have the most recent software version on the Captivate. Still, the problem is duplicated on my wife's Tundra which seems to rule out the phones.

I didn't know about any wi-fi problems and I'm not certain if it is turned on in the X. It is off on the Captivate.

Touchwiz and motoblur=custom BT stacks. I'd be willing to bet you can find the answers you need online.

I'm not saying your BT in the ex is perfect, just trying to help you help yourself :)

Back