New headlights. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New headlights.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are no glass headlights. Those are the only ones you can use unless you go Mounty front, but that's a different header, grille, etc...

You can buy aftermarket "diamond cut" multisurface reflector type replacement lamps instead of the fluted lens factory type, which in some cases seem to give more light since they are more efficient.

There are also projector-type housing assemblies available, though quite costly, and even kits that claim to allow HID to be used.

The factory lenses are probably the best bet for general all-around use though, and you can just upgrade the bulbs with something like Sylvania XtraVisions or Philips Hi-Visibility or Vision Plus, which will give more light on the road than standard bulbs and aren't too costly.

Search around on the lighting forum and you can get more info on these and other similar upgrades, and decide what you're looking to do and what will work best for you.

There are also projector-type housing assemblies available, though quite costly, and even kits that claim to allow HID to be used.

keyword...

yes they "allow" it because they all take a H1 or H3 bulb, so you can pop a H1 or H3 HID bulb in there... The projector itself is still designed and intended for halogen bulbs...

Much better options over stock. Diamond cuts, clear, blacked out, smoked, projector, etc.

2011-03-11180403.jpg

Love yours, Brian.

Mine are blacked out. Millions of pics in my registry. Link in sig.

keyword...

yes they "allow" it because they all take a H1 or H3 bulb, so you can pop a H1 or H3 HID bulb in there... The projector itself is still designed and intended for halogen bulbs...

Hahaha...Ryan, you sound like a bitter man whose housing melted....:D :p:

I've heard good things about about the Spyder headlights...

Back