Muffler question before I buy... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Muffler question before I buy...

Whatever the "mystery" thing is right after the Y merge before the actual muffler on the truck...call it what you want, there is no O2 sensor near it.

Just because it is not monitored by the PCM does not make it legal to remove.

That is a catalytic converter, not a "resonator"

And I hope this thread gets locked, we all know what you are talking about.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He is wanting to remove the 3rd converter. It is not a mystery device. Common sense would tell you what it is just from looking at it.

Common sense would tell you that if you keep calling it a cat, the mods will close this thread. Like they do with every other thread about removing cats.
:rolleyes:

Common sense would tell you that if you keep calling it a cat, the mods will close this thread. Like they do with every other thread about removing cats.
:rolleyes:

That's what it is!!!!!!!!!

And its illegal!

And its illegal!

so is front window tint/winshield tint and having a vehicle lifted too high and speeding...

people are going to do what they want, if they're willing to deal with the consequences.

And like I said, I can quote no less than 20-30 other threads where the words "lose the third cat" are mentioned at least once!

Back