• Register Today It's free!

Question about the ironman grill

DBVIII

Reaction score
City, State
Hartford, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT
Is the ironman grill gloss black, or textured?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably a better question for thr 06+ Explorer people since the sport trac never had an ironman edition.

Some people have put Ironman grills on their STs though, so just wait a bit before posting a new thread in the 06+ section.
Thanks.

BTW - I think it's gloss black, but I'm not sure.

Some people have put Ironman grills on their STs though

BTW - I think it's gloss black, but I'm not sure.

My thoughts exactly, there are enough people out there who have put the ironman grill in their sport trac for someone here to know and be able to help me out.

Thanks for the input, they look slightly gloss to me too, just want to get a definite answer before I buy:thumbsup:

Looks matte or semi-gloss to me--closer to the fender trim. Note the difference between the gloss black paint and the grille.

ironmanexplorer10lr5.gif

ironmanexplorer2ny8.gif

DSCF0369.gif

Thanks for the pictures, those are better than the ones I've found. The adrenalin grill doesn't fit ours, correct? Or am I wrong?

The adrenalin grill doesn't fit ours, correct? Or am I wrong?

The Adrenalin grille requires the Adrenalin bumper. The Adrenalin bumper requires the Adrenalin front fenders. All of the preceding need an open wallet. :)

Looks matte or semi-gloss to me--closer to the fender trim. Note the difference between the gloss black paint and the grille.

ironmanexplorer10lr5.gif

ironmanexplorer2ny8.gif

DSCF0369.gif

Is there any chance those fender flairs would fit the ST? I am looking for something a little different from the standard ones.

Is there any chance those fender flairs would fit the ST? I am looking for something a little different from the standard ones.
Should fit as well as the grill, all explorer parts.

The Adrenalin grille requires the Adrenalin bumper. The Adrenalin bumper requires the Adrenalin front fenders. All of the preceding need an open wallet. :)

Or an Adrenalin that was wrecked in the rear. Rare, because most vehicles get wrecked in the front.

The ironman grille is smooth but is kind of a satin black finish (somewhere between glossy and flat). I bought a non-oem ironman grille through a local body shop and had it painted to match my clear coat black paint. I had to buy the ironman hood lip piece from ford and it cost about the same as the non-oem grille. Once painted it matches really well as far as texture and looks like it came stock the way my 2005 Sport Trac grille did. The body shop recommended against painting the original grille because they said the paint wouldn't stick and would chip. They recommended to paint the ironman grille and I've had it on about 9 months and it has survived love bug season here in Florida without any chips.

These pictures have some glare but you can get an idea of what it looks like painted.

https://picasaweb.google.com/bigwhe...&authkey=Gv1sRgCOCkuq60uuOBGA&feat=directlink

Back