• Register Today It's free!

seen this guard?

Drockepps

Reaction score
City, State
Sanford, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...id=p4712.m2000054&item=150636036276&viewitem=

-or go to ebay and look up "explorer sport police guard"

(it is a mis-represented item)

copy and past that link to your address bar. the image is of a ford explorer sport trac with a guard on it that i can not find. it says that guard is for sell but the additional photos differ from the one on the actual sport trac. i emailed the sellers, and they replied with a "you are correct" the actual item that is being sold is not the same one as the one on the actual vehicle. this is frustrating because i want the one like the one on the actual vehicle. has anyone seen that guard? if so PLEASE respond.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this?

3048.jpg

without the light guards?

can you get it without the light guards?

it is hard to say. guess i'll have to wait until monday and make some phone calls to get more details. but if you do find it... please respond. thanks for the help

this?

3048.jpg

without the light guards?

Even if he removes the light guards, it wouldn't look the same, as it will have the surrounding tube.

Even if he removes the light guards, it wouldn't look the same, as it will have the surrounding tube.

it's a modular grille/brush guard.
the headlight cages are removable.

and by headlight cages, that includes the larger diameter tube surrounding the headlights.

Hence the name "modular"

check page 5 of their catalog
http://ariesautomotive.com/Flip_Brochures/2011-Catalog/Default.html

and when I said light guard, I meant the whole piece that covers and surrounds the headlight.
the outer tube is part of the light guard, not just the smaller intermediate tubes.

actually the one posted in the pic, has the cross bar welded on top of the light guards so I would have to say that one does not have the removalable light guards.

But majority of the brush guards are 3 piece units. And your inquire to that specific brush guard has nothing to do with police or law enforcement, it is just a accessorized add on that they equip them with.

actually the one posted in the pic, has the cross bar welded on top of the light guards so I would have to say that one does not have the removalable light guards.

Yeah the only removable parts would be the light guards, these cross bars only:
grille.jpg

I know it's not the same grille, but it was a pic that I already had saved (borrowed from someone in this site, hope he doesn't mind)

Back