alarm keeps going off randomly!!! HELP... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

alarm keeps going off randomly!!! HELP...

Fordsvtcobra5

Reaction score
City, State
Stewartville, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Eddie Bauer
when my truck is locked and an hour later my alarm randomly goes off, and then will stop for a few hours then do it again, what would cause this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know, but when mine did that it was the switch under the hood, passenger side, that was loose (toolbox at the body shop forgot to tighten it back down after he got finished screwing up my paint job).

On the stock keyless systems, most of the time its a bad battery causing the issue.. The battery voltage drops causing a trigger.. Also another thing that causes it is the hood pins.

which switch would that be.

Pop the hood, on the passenger side fender, there is a switch sticking up, over by the washer fluid & stuff, looks like the the tip of bottle baby sucks on. It is the switch that triggers the alarm if some is trying to jack your battery and what not. Just a thought...

i just looked at the switch and the plug seemed tight ill have to see if it goes off again and if so ill try something else

i just looked at the switch and the plug seemed tight ill have to see if it goes off again and if so ill try something else

Is it adjusted properly?

Battery was the issue when my parents had alarm problems...

Back