Reaction score
City, State
Kirkland, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer
1FMDU35P1TUC47212

WB_BRK_INT TR_TP/PS_R_AXLE_TR_SPR
112_4____Z2_____D______D4___U__A F

I'd like to know as much as I can before I make a offer. It's in need of a little work, power windows don't work, headlights are stuck on, and who knows what else.

Thanks!

4 door, AWD, 5.0L, seems to be a 95 model (not absolutely sure about this one, could be 96).
3.73 limited slip axle, 4R70W transmission. The rest is obvious stuff like brake and spring types, paint and upholstery colors.

There is a lot of numbers in these codes, but surprisingly little real information.
If you have a friend at a Ford dealership, they may be able to pull out an a 'build sheet' and service history.

1FMDU35P1TUC47212

WB_BRK_INT TR_TP/PS_R_AXLE_TR_SPR
112_4____Z2_____D______D4___U__A F

I'd like to know as much as I can before I make a offer. It's in need of a little work, power windows don't work, headlights are stuck on, and who knows what else.

Thanks!

4 door, AWD, 5.0L, seems to be a 95 model (not absolutely sure about this one, could be 96).
3.73 limited slip axle, 4R70W transmission. The rest is obvious stuff like brake and spring types, paint and upholstery colors.

There is a lot of numbers in these codes, but surprisingly little real information.
If you have a friend at a Ford dealership, they may be able to pull out an a 'build sheet' and service history.

I mostly was curious about the differential, and I wanted to confirm the transmission.

It's a '96 5.0. I am curious about the springs too. But it's got no tow package, so I guess they are nothing special...

spring code is must be just F. Can't be AF, since there is no A torsion bar

F is the lightest leaf spring, and about midway for the torsion bar stiffness

all 5.0 V8 Explorers had the 4R70W transmission and a L/S 3.73 rear axle, afaik

Back