Ready to go

myfoot

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois quad cities
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
Ready to go FInished. Read last post

Getting everything packed up today to leave Rock Island Illinois for Pensacola Beach Florida tomorrow morning. Planning on a nice leisurely drive down and back .

There is a ton of room in this vehicle with the back 2 rows of seats down so storage will definately not be a problem for just the 2 of us :) although it seems my wife thinks we're taking our kids with us judging by the pile of clothes I see set out :D

Really like the way this drives on the highway at speed ( haven't noticed any problems like some others yet). The BLIS is great and seems to work very well. The Gap setting on the cruise control works very well too.

Hoping for a problem free trip but we'll see what happens. Just driving to Paducah tomorrow (about 7 hours ) so that should give her a nice shakedown.
Rob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have a great trip! My husband and I took a month long vacation out west in our new X. This vehicle is just awesome. The ride was smooth, we had tons of space and no major system issues on the 7,640 miles we traveled.

Have a great trip, you A/C will certainly get a workout on your way through GA...100+ degrees throughout the state this week.

At Pensacola Beach there is laid back place called "Peg Leg Pete's" that had live music and surprisingly decent fried fish. Cold beer too, if you're into that.

Have a safe trip

Have a great trip, you A/C will certainly get a workout on your way through GA...100+ degrees throughout the state this week.

At Pensacola Beach there is laid back place called "Peg Leg Pete's" that had live music and surprisingly decent fried fish. Cold beer too, if you're into that.

That's my favorite place to eat there:) We love all the great places to eat and the music at all the smaller bars. It'll be our 3rd trip there. Love to knock back a few beers at the bar while someone is shucking oysters :D

Got about 400 miles today without a hiccup. This SUV really does drive and handle nicely. Gas mileage seems pretty good for it's size and not being broken in yet.

Tomorrow we're going thru Nashville and I have a friend in Huntsville Alabama we're going to stop and see so not many miles tomorrow. Then on to Pegleg Pete's for 4 days :D

Have a fun and safe trip. Try to report on gas mileage measured, break-in is done by now.

Okay got about 1000 miles so far and must say everything is going well. Had one performing system maintenance but other than that no problems.
Apparently we have automatic windshield wipers :D Not perfect but worked darn well .

Couldn't connect to internet from hotel here for a few days but got it now. Will be staying here (Pensacola Beach)till Wednesday and then on to Cocoa Beach and then the drive home. Hope the ride home goes as well but right now feel a lot better than I did when we left.

Looks like we may get a chance to see the shuttle returning depending on weather ; that would be great! Rob

Now at 3200 miles (1800 this trip ) and 2.8 seems to be working well other than the one time before we left. Only other problem I've noticed is the tinny sound when a bug or something hits the roof.

Haven't used the Navigation yet so I wonder if that could be part of the problem? Only time we had a black screen before the upgrade was using the Nav. Just been using the TomTom incase and everythings been going well.

We also are NOT using the media hub for anything. Have noticed the air blowing hot a bit sometimes but holding up well in the heat in Alabama and Florida. Plan on being down here on the "space coast" a few more days and then home again. Heard the sonic boom when the shuttle came over my buddies house here in Cocoa this morning aroung 6. :salute:

With all due respect you should be using all the features to see what works what doesnt. And why buy i car with nav and not use it ? And use tom tom. I have the 2.4 and all has been working great little glitch here and there but just waiting for a good solid software to upgrade too. So happy for your trip but use all features you paid for it use it !!!

:) We'll try the nav on the way home and see how accurate it is. Most of the other stuff like the media hub we'd never use. It came with whatever option package the wife wanted. Rob

3000 miles in 11 days and I must say it worked very well other than a few bugs. No BSOD or system maintenance. The NAV acted screwy a few times. Several were the icon for the car moving while the map stayed still; drove right off the screen :) Went to another screen and came back and it worked again,

Got right at 21 MPG running 75-80 a lot. Air conditioner worked in horrible heat with no problems. The backup camera animation for when you're turning didn't work once but next time the car was started it came back also. ]

Glad to be home and hope things continue to go well. Rob

So how was the beer? ;)

Glad to hear you had a good trip. Thanks for sharing.

Myfoot, planning an early oil change and a switch to full synthetic?

Taking it in tomorrow so we'll see what they say. Is the consensus to go that route?

Personal choice.

I did my first oil change at the 1,000 miles mark. I'm having oil changes done about every 7,000 miles. Full synthetic. I've had 3 oil changes already.

Sythetic oils are better than conventional.

Based on the Explorer's oil life indicator, I can go about 10,000 miles between changes. I'm changing a little early. On my 2007 Explorer, I did oil changes at the 5,000 mile mark. So, this is a nice improvement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Taking it in tomorrow so we'll see what they say. Is the consensus to go that route?
Bill #4 Explorer is right: It’s really a personal choice myfoot. The semi-synthetic is all that is recommended. As long as you do the proper oil change intervals, you will be fine. :)

Cory

Back