Adding destinations from a computer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding destinations from a computer

larrymcj

Reaction score
City, State
East Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 White Limited
Maybe I'm just missing it because my Explorer is so new, but I don't see any way to add in all the places ahead of time (from my computer) for a trip we're taking in a few days. I'd like to put in several addresses in several different cities across the U.S. so I don't have to manually add them from the car. You can do this in cars that cost half what the Explorer does so I'm sure there's some way to do it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Completely agree. Love the other stuff in it but that would have made life much easier.

Agreed. We should be able to import from contacts or something.

The Nav took me on a slow-way route to a major chain restaurant it gave as a POI-- that wasn't even there. A car full of disappointed, hungry family. We at least got a laugh yelling funny things at the Voice Prompt once I reached the point of frustration with it that I said something inane. :)

Maybe I'm just missing it because my Explorer is so new, but I don't see any way to add in all the places ahead of time (from my computer) for a trip we're taking in a few days. I'd like to put in several addresses in several different cities across the U.S. so I don't have to manually add them from the car. You can do this in cars that cost half what the Explorer does so I'm sure there's some way to do it.

You can send a location from google maps to Sync Services ("Ford" in google) with your mobile number as a reference and the next time you connect to Sync it will ask you if you want directions to that point. When you respond "yes" it will download the point to your NAV and you can set it as a destination.

I'm not sure if you can send multiple points to Sync and have them all download at the same time. It seems like it's a one at a time process, but I could be wrong; never tried more than one point.

You can send a location from google maps to Sync Services ("Ford" in google) with your mobile number as a reference and the next time you connect to Sync it will ask you if you want directions to that point. When you respond "yes" it will download the point to your NAV and you can set it as a destination.

I'm not sure if you can send multiple points to Sync and have them all download at the same time. It seems like it's a one at a time process, but I could be wrong; never tried more than one point.

Check out this thread, I posted an excerpt from the Google Help page that explains how it works:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2776818&posted=1#post2776818

Happy Driving.

Back