• Register Today It's free!

2012 4WD Limited order

smilner

Reaction score
City, State
Pewaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Ordered a 2012 4WD Limited, 302A, trailer tow, moonroof and polished wheels on 7/14. The dealer said not to be disappointed if it took 20 weeks! He claims that there are still constraints on the nav units. PM set to Cory, at least hoping to verify that Ford has accepted the order from the dealer.
Thank you,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered a 2012 4WD Limited, 302A, trailer tow, moonroof and polished wheels on 7/14. The dealer said not to be disappointed if it took 20 weeks! He claims that there are still constraints on the nav units. PM set to Cory, at least hoping to verify that Ford has accepted the order from the dealer.
Thank you,

I ordered almost the exact same car on the 18th. (My second order actually). As of last week Cory told me there are no delays currently but only time will tell I guess.

Pretty much what I ordered, keep me posted on your news, I'll do the same.

Thank you,
Welcome to the forum smilner! I did some research on your order with the info you PM’d me. I sent you a message back with what I found! :D

I ordered almost the exact same car on the 18th. (My second order actually). As of last week Cory told me there are no delays currently but only time will tell I guess.
Drop me a line any time you’d like MikeFreas!

Pretty much what I ordered, keep me posted on your news, I'll do the same.
I checked for any new details on your order and didn’t see any update yet Spengracin. Let me know when you’d like me to look again! :)

Cory

I received my VIN today! Order submitted on 18 Jul build date of 8 Aug. Vehicle details below.

AWD Red metalic Limited
302A package
Dual Sun roof
Tow package
DVD players

I received my VIN today! Order submitted on 18 Jul build date of 8 Aug. Vehicle details below.

AWD Red metalic Limited
302A package
Dual Sun roof
Tow package
DVD players

That is great news! Mine is still “In Order Processing” per Cory, as of this morning.

Me too from Cory, but it's exciting you ordered yours on the 18th and a vin 9 days later pretty good sign I'd say:salute::salute::salute:

That is great news! Mine is still “In Order Processing” per Cory, as of this morning.
Your patience will definitely pay off soon smilner! :D Let me know when you’d like another update!

Me too from Cory, but it's exciting you ordered yours on the 18th and a vin 9 days later pretty good sign I'd say:salute::salute::salute:
I agree that it’s a great sign Spengracin! Yours shouldn’t be too far behind! :)

Cory

Great News

Well we have great news from Cory today, I have a VIN#, yeah. Ordered on Jul 22nd, Vin Jul 28, wow what a relief. Thanks Cory for the great work and help! As I mention in the reply, we just need the government to work this fast, right!

P n J:D

Well we have great news from Cory today, I have a VIN#, yeah. Ordered on Jul 22nd, Vin Jul 28, wow what a relief. Thanks Cory for the great work and help! As I mention in the reply, we just need the government to work this fast, right!

Funny you should mention the debt argument. If they don't pass something and interest rates go through the roof It's going to be hard to justify spending 50k.

Funny you should mention the debt argument. If they don't pass something and interest rates go through the roof It's going to be hard to justify spending 50k.

I'm actually thinking I'm going to do my loan application today through the credit union just in case. I then have 90 days to take delivery.

Glad to hear things are moving quickly for some! Have to admit though, I'm a little jealous. Order my 2012 LTD AWD 06/16 and so far have heard nothing...fingers crossed my VIN won't be too far behind!

Yes the national debt, thats a whole new forum, right. Here's my order:

2012 Ex. Limited, White Tri-Coat Platinum, AWD
302a
Dual Moonroof
Roof rack crossbars
Trailer Tow
20" polish Alum. wheels

Order: 7/22
Rec. Vin: 7/28

Ordered my 2012 Explorer LTD AWD 301A + Blis and inflatable seatbelts + polished wheels on 7/25/11. Supposed delivery to the dealer is 10/4/11. Does this sound about right? Not sure if fleet vehicle orders differ from regular orders?

Note - It's a company vehicle (with unlimited personal mile usage).. and we were restricted on the ordering options unfortunately. I really wanted the 302A for the HID's and park assist.

-EKY

Ordered my 2012 Explorer LTD AWD 301A + Blis and inflatable seatbelts + polished wheels on 7/25/11. Supposed delivery to the dealer is 10/4/11. Does this sound about right? Not sure if fleet vehicle orders differ from regular orders?

Note - It's a company vehicle (with unlimited personal mile usage).. and we were restricted on the ordering options unfortunately. I really wanted the 302A for the HID's and park assist.

-EKY

Did you get a build date? If it's going to be built in Aug then why the delay in delivery?

You got it! :) It’s only a matter of time now before your window sticker URL is updated! :D

Cory

Did you get a build date? If it's going to be built in Aug then why the delay in delivery?

Not sure. Let's hope it's sooner. I have a factory order # but no VIN yet.

Also - You from Kailua, Oahu? I grew up there..that's where my parents still reside.

Not sure. Let's hope it's sooner. I have a factory order # but no VIN yet.

Also - You from Kailua, Oahu? I grew up there..that's where my parents still reside.

I was stationed there for about 2.5 years and the family is still there while I'm here in Germany. We are moving in Oct to the East Coast and I'm sure the family is going to be disappointed in the beaches. The Ford dealer in Kailua was kind enough to let me sit in a 11 model while I was home for a short time back in Mar. I've been gone from home since Nov of 10. :cool:

Let me know Cory, when you think I can look for the window sticker, I tried the links earlier this morning, one work I think, it stated not on file, the other gave me an error, let me know..

PnJ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me know Cory, when you think I can look for the window sticker, I tried the links earlier this morning, one work I think, it stated not on file, the other gave me an error, let me know..

PnJ
From my experience Spengracin, I believe you should see an updated window sticker in about a week. I’ll be sure to keep my eye on it as well! :D

Cory

Back