• Register Today It's free!

New 2012 Limited Order

Spengracin

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfield, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 AWD Limited
New to the forum, just ordered 2012 Limited, 302a, sunroof option, wheels, tow package, all the bells and whistles. First new vehicle in 14 years. Proud owner of a 1998 F150 with 141k, and running strong. Hoping for some help or direction from Cory or the forum on finding out all the info for order progress and timeline.
Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New to the forum, just ordered 2012 Limited, 302a, sunroof option, wheels, tow package, all the bells and whistles. First new vehicle in 14 years. Proud owner of a 1998 F150 with 141k, and running strong. Hoping for some help or direction from Cory or the forum on finding out all the info for order progress and timeline.
Thank you
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on ordering an Explorer! I bet you’ll love it just as much as you did your F150! I saw that you sent me a private message, so I sent you a reply back with the research I found on your order! Check your inbox for the details! :)

Cory

You sound a lot like me, only I ordered a 2011 explorer - unfortunately:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323816

My 1998 F150 4x4 off road is running great at 225,000.

We currently have 2 vehicles, the 98 F150 and a van with 170,000 that will be 15 in December.

Curious when you get your 2012; what have you been told so far?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on ordering an Explorer! I bet you’ll love it just as much as you did your F150! I saw that you sent me a private message, so I sent you a reply back with the research I found on your order! Check your inbox for the details! :)

Cory

Cory,

My dealer told me he hopes to have a VIN next week but I read another post that stated the person was told to expect a 20 week wait for a build. Parts issues? Are you hearing anything like this?

It's funny I was a GM person, when I bought my 1998 F150 it's been Ford ever since eerie huh?
I order recently 7/22, so it's pretty green, Cory is tracking, so I will check back next week. I ordered under the Ford X-Plan, I was told that should help, who knows.
How long have you been waiting, haven't heard any shortages in any of the forums. I would help they are truthful about wants up.

P n J

Cory,

My dealer told me he hopes to have a VIN next week but I read another post that stated the person was told to expect a 20 week wait for a build. Parts issues? Are you hearing anything like this?
No, at this point, I have not heard of a 20 week build period MikeFreas. Do you have your order numbers yet? I know there won’t be a VIN assigned yet and I have the dealer info already, so PM me with the order number if you’d like me to make sure everything is going smoothly! :)

It's funny I was a GM person, when I bought my 1998 F150 it's been Ford ever since eerie huh?
I order recently 7/22, so it's pretty green, Cory is tracking, so I will check back next week. I ordered under the Ford X-Plan, I was told that should help, who knows.
How long have you been waiting, haven't heard any shortages in any of the forums. I would help they are truthful about wants up.

P n J
Thanks for being such a loyal Ford fan! Hopefully your order ripens by next week when you message me! :D

Cory

I received my VIN today! Order submitted on 18 Jul build date of 8 Aug. Vehicle details below.

AWD Red metalic Limited
302A package
Dual Sun roof
Tow package
DVD players

2012 Explorer Waiting

My ETA on my new 2012 explorer was 7/31/11. I have called dealer and it still hasn't shipped. I then called Ford and they said it is pending pickup for delivery. Anyway to get a better ETA? We are leaving for vacation this weekend and i would love to take it.

Finally Received It!

My ETA on my new 2012 explorer was 7/31/11. I have called dealer and it still hasn't shipped. I then called Ford and they said it is pending pickup for delivery. Anyway to get a better ETA? We are leaving for vacation this weekend and i would love to take it.

I received my 2012 Limited Explorer on 8/22/11
It sat in Chicago for 1 month before it was finally delivered to the dealer. Get to pick it up tomorrow. Waiting on it to be undercoated and accessories put on. Can't Wait!

Sounds great, give us a posting or review after you drive your x for a bit. Mine is in transit according to Cory, Sept 1, let's hope.

Sounds great, give us a posting or review after you drive your x for a bit. Mine is in transit according to Cory, Sept 1, let's hope.
Spengracin,
A quick check to my tracking system shows that date is still holding steady. ;)

Cory

All I have to say is WOW! Adaptive Cruise Control is amazing. I am switching from a 2500 Duramax Diesel and this thing is awesome. I loved my truck, but the smooth ride and features in this sets it apart. I have yet to tow anything, so we will see as time goes on. I went with the sterling gray and two tone pecan leather interior with bucket seats in the rear. I have added a setina push bar to the front with PIAA off road lights to change the soccer mom look and make it a little more rugged. I am looking for a more aggressive off road tire, but have yet to see one that works. (Let me know if any exist). I have only had it for 24 hours, but my initial review is that this thing is sweet. Plenty of power on acceleration. (I have the V6 AWD) I will be going off road quite a bit in this upcoming Hunting season so i will let you know how it handles off road.
Pictures to come

Lovercash; post some pics when you get a chance, exterior, interior, especially the pecan, thats what I ordered, last pic looks orangey from previous post. Interested inthe setina push bar, how it looks and all.

I will post pics shortly. The Pecan does look orangey in pictures, but it is not. It is a Dark Brown that goes great with the Black. I love the look. I received the setina push bar, started the install and noticed i was missing 2 mounting brackets. i should have them next week. i will post the pics then.

Sounds great keep us posted, picking our x up tomorrow, yeah! I'm ready to install the led lights for the interior this week end.

Back