• Register Today It's free!

275/55R20 - Will they fit?

gcbimmer

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
I have an opportunity to get a set of 275/55R20's on some very nice rims. Will they fit on my stock 2002 Explorer XLT? I figured I would ask here as it may be a mod question.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an opportunity to get a set of 275/55R20's on some very nice rims. Will they fit on my stock 2002 Explorer XLT? I figured I would ask here as it may be a mod question.

Thanks.

Probably not, but it depends on the backspacing of the wheels. Those are 2.5" larger in diameter than stock, so they are both taller and wider.

Thanks.

im pretty sure they would...i have stock adrenalin wheels with the 255/55/20 tire on them...the 275 should fit...many people on here have them...

im pretty sure they would...i have stock adrenalin wheels with the 255/55/20 tire on them...the 275 should fit...many people on here have them...

step one read your stock tire number the last two number stand for wheel size. im pretty sure that a stock explorer is fitted with 17 inch wheels. if the mubers match the tire can be swaped!posy a pic if it can be done, iwana see

all depends on backspacing ... if your dead set get some wheel spacers and a btf lift ... then they will surely fit :D

step one read your stock tire number the last two number stand for wheel size. im pretty sure that a stock explorer is fitted with 17 inch wheels. if the mubers match the tire can be swaped!posy a pic if it can be done, iwana see

thanks for the lesson that i knew already...i know the last two numbers are the wheel size...and my stock ex came with 16" wheels....i ran 17" wheels from an svt cobra with 275/55/17 tires on them...and now i got my adrenalin wheels with the 255/55/20 tires...limited02 i believe is running a 275 tire with 20" wheels on his explorer...dont know exactly what you meant from that reply but as armysoldier said its all about the back spacing on the wheel...but these trucks can run a 275 tire on a 20 in wheel...

and mine is lowered...:thumbsup:

heres a link on backspacing ... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302526

Attachments

• ex.jpg
    ex.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 2,425
  • explorer.JPG
    explorer.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 6,924
  • waxed ex front passener side.jpg
    waxed ex front passener side.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 11,942

Back