• Register Today It's free!

Just bought A new to me explorer

PhantomFord

Reaction score
City, State
Petaluma, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer Limited
hey guys new to this forum tho im not new to forums, i have an account on ford truck enthusiast for my 1988 ford f-250. figured id join in here seeing as forums are helpful and filled with tons of info everyone gets to know their rigs pretty well. anywho i just bough a 1995 Explorer all black eddie bauer limited. its got the 4.0 tho im a little confused as to which one the intake plenum looka different then the ones in the more square style explorers and rangers (pre 95 im guessing).it doesnt have the ttb like im use to or anything familiar it does have air ride suspention, power everything, sunroof, 6cd changer a factory sub im guessing it is in the rear i picked her up for a steal of a price couldnt really complain that it needs the starter replaced and the used transmission that was thrown in with the buy to be swapped in. otherwise the the truck is cherry inside and out and will pretty soon be my daily driver. my f-250 really took off with impracticality. what are the known problems which are common or anything i should watch out for or prevent with these rigs before im caught by surprise? looking foreword to meeting the people of the forum maybe even attending in meets. http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223024_1453199388108_1777011439_671543_7255324_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome!

You indeed have a 4.0L OHV

Stuff you'll probably need to tend to- wheel bearings, front end components/sway bar bushings/end links/plugs and wires. Probably need to drive her a bit first though, before you know what to work on.

Do the factory subs go out? Mine doesnt seem to have ANY bass to it whatsoever..

indeed the factory sub was blown the fuse was unplugged and i discovered it sounded horrible. can anyone point me to a forum or give me advice on what they replace these subs with? i put a regular door speaker i had lying around it sounds great until i crank up the bass a little more....

What version 4.0 is this if anyone can tell From the bad night shot
2dbd529e.jpg

017a27b8.jpg

Back