chop top 1 ton ex. | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

chop top 1 ton ex.

I get sarcasm, and hope others do, too.

I hope the intentional sarcasm was received.... I know it's an x... but with all his plasma cuttin lately I felt the need for some sarcasm.

Don't get me wrong his skills are way beyond my level of expertise.

@ Mr Cribb: Don't get me wrong, either. I got the sarcasm, and I hope you got mine in return. From your reply, I will take it that you did. I wouldn't likely "slap anyone in the face" in public unless it couldn't be worked out via PM first. So to everyone - if you think I might have a problem with something you've said, I'll be up front and or PM you before saying anything about it in public. Yeah, if you tell us you're gonna make your Explorer into a "scraper" (26" wheels or something, with 20 series or similar tires) I might ask what the hell you're thinking. Ok, enough - I've got to stay off my soapbox....:rolleyes:

Oh, and the skills are way beyond mine, too. WAY beyond!

@86 Slo Vo: Nah, we probably wouldn't call anyone on here an expert, but if we've got questions on something like this, we'd ask you. If someone has questions about desktop publishing, I'd certainly offer my 2¢.

@Mounty71: I agree.

Back @86 Slo Vo: So what's the plan for the rear? An open bed? A caged bed, sort of like the photo below? I saw someone with something like this already, but couldn't find it. So, I'm posting this one.

Great job.
1562737047_97b272a3a0.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And if your wondering why I cut so much out....

Here's my ranger I sold to start on this project.
IMAG0728.jpg

I'm a fan of getting rid of sheet metal.

:thumbsup: already a beautiful build I love it good

Ho Mr mcsteven you are a little angry

:exp::exp:

@ Mr Cribb: Don't get me wrong, either. I got the sarcasm, and I hope you got mine in return. From your reply, I will take it that you did. I wouldn't likely "slap anyone in the face" in public unless it couldn't be worked out via PM first. So to everyone - if you think I might have a problem with something you've said, I'll be up front and or PM you before saying anything about it in public. Yeah, if you tell us you're gonna make your Explorer into a "scraper" (26" wheels or something, with 20 series or similar tires) I might ask what the hell you're thinking. Ok, enough - I've got to stay off my soapbox....:rolleyes:

Yes I usually get the intended sarcasm.... seeing as that is my main quality, I can usually pick it out a long way off.

I have seen slammed explorers....and thought WTH

There was an Gen 1 X for sale here locally that had 22" rims<--:rolleyes: and they wanted $2500.... I had never laughed so hard....

AND...if y'all ever seen my welding skills you'd say WTF dude....

hence why I said 86 slo-vo's skills are FAR better than mine...

just sayin is all

Looks like you know how to work a tube bender pretty well. Looks really nice!
thanks, im getting better and faster. takes alot of time and thinking doing it all without the software.

@86 Slo Vo: Nah, we probably wouldn't call anyone on here an expert, but if we've got questions on something like this, we'd ask you. If someone has questions about desktop publishing, I'd certainly offer my 2¢.

@Mounty71: I agree.

Back @86 Slo Vo: So what's the plan for the rear? An open bed? A caged bed, sort of like the photo below? I saw someone with something like this already, but couldn't find it. So, I'm posting this one.

Great job.
1562737047_97b272a3a0.jpg
im planning on a tailgate made from tubing and skinned on one side, behind it will be a flip down tire carrier that can be ditched when i actually need the bed for hauling by just pulling a few pins.
Yes I usually get the intended sarcasm.... seeing as that is my main quality, I can usually pick it out a long way off.

I have seen slammed explorers....and thought WTH

There was an Gen 1 X for sale here locally that had 22" rims<--:rolleyes: and they wanted $2500.... I had never laughed so hard....

AND...if y'all ever seen my welding skills you'd say WTF dude....

hence why I said 86 slo-vo's skills are FAR better than mine...

just sayin is all
im just a punk kid with a welder and a grinder :D

No anger here

:thumbsup: already a beautiful build I love it good

Ho Mr mcsteven you are a little angry

Nope. I'm sarcastic. If I were angry I'd be blunt. :p:

yep still all functional.

done for the day.

15b0621c.jpg

196b5f88.jpg

64c67f76.jpg

also might have found me a new project for the rig.
2016c779.jpg

a pretty beat up box showed up.
950de102.jpg

got lucky and it was still all there.
4a6914de.jpg

thanks for the link, i had never seen it done. looks like thats what ill be doing as i hate the factory back seats.

A '92 Sport Trak! Awesome! Man you put on better welds than a machine!

A '92 Sport Trak! Awesome! Man you put on better welds than a machine!

its a 94 :biggthump

welds would be much better with a machine that didnt throw so many fits when it gets hot, after a few minutes of welding the fan kicks on and the arc starts to go south and wants to jump around. its a 25 year old lincoln. its time to upgrade but will be a while before i have the money to buy the welder i want, a miller 252.

Very nice project. It looks pretty sweet so far. Can't wait to see more progress and the eventual finished build. Makes me want to start tearing up my explorer...but I don't have 1/100 the skill you have. Very nice Ranger rig as well. Too bad you got rid of it.

Very nice project. It looks pretty sweet so far. Can't wait to see more progress and the eventual finished build. Makes me want to start tearing up my explorer...but I don't have 1/100 the skill you have. Very nice Ranger rig as well. Too bad you got rid of it.

for me they are never really finished, usually work on them until im bored of them and want a new project. building them is 50% of the fun.

yea i wish i could have afforded to keep the ranger until the expo was done, its been over a month since ive been on the trails and its killing me to get out again.

didnt do a whole lot today, ran to the JY's over the river in evansville IN and picked up a factory sunroof and threw it in between welding rounds on the rear quarter.

2f1fa597.jpg

When i think i made five o'clock of work for Add two leaf and replaced two rear shocks absorbers
Mr 86 slo-vo everything seems all too easy for you ... I will break the tenth commandment I covet greatly your expertise and your technical skills ..... Oh my GODS
:notworthy

wow i didn't think i could like a chopped explorer as much as i like this one. you have some serous skill and it is looking awesome.
how many hrs do you think you have in to that thing?

ehh, probably 40 hours into it by now. but i did redo a few things several times.

thanks man ive just always liked different **** so if i was going to rock the expo i was going to change things up a bit.

sorry ive been slacking this week, havent done much but finish up a few things. will be getting back to work full force tomorrow through the weekend

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We are very disappointed in you and all agree that a 3 day ban is in order if you don't have a significant update soon. :D :p:

I couldn't work in the heat you've had to deal with lately.

Back