ABS light after tranny flush - any connection ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS light after tranny flush - any connection ?

Explorer_PL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockland County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
06EB V8
So within few hundred feeet after tranny flush, my ABS light flashes, and then go away. And now I can get the ABS light on anytime I want by hard braking. The true is at 118K miles the fluid is black like hell, and I have had spongy brake pedal for a while, so it may be just coincidence. But are the tranny and master cylinder connected in any way ?

Also, what may cause the ABS light to come on ? My both rings are OK on the rear axles, my both fron wheel bearing are new so the sensors are new, and it only comes when braking hard and ABS gets activated even on a dry pavement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me ask a stupid ? Why are you braking so hard that your abs is activated on dry pavement? Yikes.

I do that just to test the brakes.

your going into an abs event, i think its suppose to flash during an event....

yes, but now tha ABS and traction light is on and when I get to the stop sign with mild braking it pulsates.

So within few hundred feeet after tranny flush, my ABS light flashes, and then go away. And now I can get the ABS light on anytime I want by hard braking. The true is at 118K miles the fluid is black like hell, and I have had spongy brake pedal for a while, so it may be just coincidence. But are the tranny and master cylinder connected in any way ?

Also, what may cause the ABS light to come on ? My both rings are OK on the rear axles, my both fron wheel bearing are new so the sensors are new, and it only comes when braking hard and ABS gets activated even on a dry pavement.

Any chance some of the fluid splashed into the front hubs ?

Where did you have the flush done?

Also, I would probably replace the brake fluid for starters.

I had the tranny flush done at a Ford dealership for $ 199. I just found last night that my right rear ABS ring is cracked (did not see it before) and most likely that causes the light on, I think it's pure coincidence that it happened at the same time. I am going to get the brake fluid flushed.

IMO a brake fluid change is easier than a trans fluid change anyday.

Back