• Register Today It's free!

Carpet color question

shawnbrat

Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
'12 Limited
Ordered a 2012 Explorer Limited, silver with the medium light stone interior. Can someone tell me what color is the carpet? Cannot clearly remember when I was at the dealership. Want to order floor and cargo mats before it arrives. Thinking it was black/gray and not stone/tan.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

we have the stone grey interior with all around husky black matts/ cargo liners and it matches well the black carpet

I have the weathertech liner and floor mats and the fit and quality is outstanding.

Ordered a 2012 Explorer Limited, silver with the medium light stone interior. Can someone tell me what color is the carpet? Cannot clearly remember when I was at the dealership. Want to order floor and cargo mats before it arrives. Thinking it was black/gray and not stone/tan.

Thanks!
I think all the 2011 models have black carpeting. I have a Platinum White Tri-Coat Limited and the carpet is black. Also have the Husky floor mats and cargo liner in black. If you are looking to upgrade the mats, I don't think you can go wrong with either Husky or WeatherTech. For me the cargo mat is a 'must have'.
Welcome to the new Explorer Forum. :wavey:

Peter

I have the 2011 silver with light stone interior. It has black carpet, so as everyone has said, pretty sure you carpet will be black.

I bought the weathertech 3rd row mat (2011 didn't come with any mat for the 3rd row) and it fits perfectly for my 2nd row bench seat. I would order the either husky or weathertech for all 3 rows plus the liner if I were to do it again. I orginally purchased the Explorer's all weather mats, and although they are nice and heavy, they don't cover near as well as the weathertech does.

Thanks for the quick replies! I was considering Husky over Weathertech floor mats and cargo liner. Any preferences?

Thanks for the quick replies! I was considering Husky over Weathertech floor mats and cargo liner. Any preferences?

I've never seen the Husky, but the quality of the weathertech is incredible. If the price isn't too different, i'd go for the weathertech each time. Will go snap a pic and post it in a few minutes.

You can see in the picture of the cargo area that my seats aren't perfectly flat when stowed, and I plan on mentioning that to the dealer when I take it in for it's first service. Although I might bring it in sooner since I don't know if I want to wait 3 months.

IMAG0493.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

No problem - Mine will be full of yellow lab hair the very first day!

Here a picture of the Husky liner. The only difference seems to be that the Husky has a lip that comes up and covers more of the carpet near the door sill and the rear lip is a bit higher. The second and row and cargo mat is quite similar to the Weathertech.

Attachments

• P8010215a.jpg
    P8010215a.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 416

Thanks, guys. I notice that Husky offers a behind 3rd row cargo mat but Weathertech does not. Prices are relatively close....will probably go with Husky.

Thanks, guys. I notice that Husky offers a behind 3rd row cargo mat but Weathertech does not. Prices are relatively close....will probably go with Husky.

Prices arent even close. Search for my group buy post for theunder Husky's on here. You can get all 4 for under $300 with free shipping. It is roughly 40% off.

You can see in the picture of the cargo area that my seats aren't perfectly flat when stowed, and I plan on mentioning that to the dealer when I take it in for it's first service. Although I might bring it in sooner since I don't know if I want to wait 3 months.

IMAG0493.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

How do you raise the 3rd row with the cargo mat covering them?

I have the Weathertech cargo liner and the Husky for behind the 3rd row (in the cargo well). The WT seems to be slightly heavier and I prefer its small rectangle design it but the husky isn't bad either. Just be sure you get the liners, they are invaluable!

Say what???

You don't..it's a one piece mat. You take it out (or roll it up and put it behind the seats) if you need the seats.

You need to get out a Sawzall, remove a portion of the underside of the cargo area (being careful not to cut off any of the suspension), and reach up from underneath. An acetylene touch and a bucket of water also will work. I recommend a creeper for working comfort. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Say what???

You don't..it's a one piece mat. You take it out (or roll it up and put it behind the seats) if you need the seats.

Just curious but would the powerfold seats be strong enough to unfold even with the WT on them?

If so, then you could just remove it or fold it like you said.

Back