NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
Hey all;
So I've had my brush guard on a few weeks now and I havent been able to get this darn thing to stop shaking when I go over bumpers or uneven road surfaces. I am not using the stuff that Hunter sent me to mount it to the frame, I am using a nut plate and bolts from the tow hooks I have.

Any ideas on how to get this thing to quit shaking?!

Also, anyone have the issue of they cant get the two sides that cover the lights to perfectly match? I've tried everything to get them to match and they are close but not perfect.

Any input is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe some rubber grommets around the bolts and rubber padding near any place that is rattling?

Its not rattling its just a quiet shake from side to side. I assume since its an L bracket has something to do with it, but I just wonder if I need to tighten some bolts up even more.

Its not rattling its just a quiet shake from side to side. I assume since its an L bracket has something to do with it, but I just wonder if I need to tighten some bolts up even more.

If it's not rattling then I think it's probably an issue with the bolts not being tight enough, If I were you I would try tightening them up a little more and see where that leaves you.

Alright, I'll try that. I dont want to overtighten them, but the sheet for torque specs doesnt even have the right size bolts on there. So Im not sure what supposed to be torqued to what.

Mine does the same thing. I think it just flexes because of being made of lighter material and that's what causes it. To minimize it, adjust the mounting position so it sits very close to the grille......that seemed to help me.

Yes the wings will require some adustment and fine tuning to get them lined up just right. Mine are slightly off so I need to fix that.

My brush bar shakes too when on dirt roads or hitting bumps, and I do have all the proper hardware holding it in place including the clips going from the brushbar, through the crack between the bumper & the grill, and yeah, still moves/shakes. I think you just can't get away from that considering it's only metal and it does "bend" a little due to it's own weight hanging in front.

If you do find a trick to keep it from moving, let us know!!

Actually now that I think about it since I installed the 3" body lift my brush guard mounting brackets are now inserted into the open ends of the frame instead of being mounted underneath. I think this has added more stability but I still get a bit of shake, just less than before.

I have the same problem with my brush guard. I don't really know if you can completely get rid of the shake mine does it eventually you get used to it. Same thing with the uneven-ness Idk if its because this is the cheapest brush guard out there or if they are all like that.

I knew when I bought that cheap of a guard it wasnt going to be high quality. I figure I'll probably have to have it powder coated again in a few years.

yesterday I received the Sterling Equipment & Mfg. Co. Gator Model Winch Mount Brush Guard with optional add on light bar kit and 1” rod tow loops with a pull rating of 9,000 lb
and the Mile Marker 12,000 lb Hydraulic Winch

I was surprised with the high quality of made

directly I went to a fitment shop where I had the Winch Mount Brush Guard, and man I really love it. I love the raggedness and how it become a part of chassis frame

Here are some photos I snap while I was changing the oil

5999403918_fe8c7e2cf5_b.jpg

5998855433_55e9257a94_b.jpg

5999397068_fecd5f245d_b.jpg

hopefully by the end of this week or the week after I'll finish installing the winch with the light bar and lights

Awesome The_Electrician - looking forward to more pictures.

That Guard is.....AWESOME! :D

$$$???

Nevermind, F*** that. I'll deal with the rattle.

I bought my brush guard from Aries, and it does not fit AT ALL. however, there was another bracket besides the two L-brackets. This stabilizer bar bolts to the back of the brush guard which goes through the grill and bolts again to the core support. I can't remark as to the value of the stabilizing bar because the core support was damaged in a previous accident.

I've always wondered about getting a metal shop to fab me some core supports that I could bolt onto the current brush guard does anyone think that would be strong?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Real nice guard Electrician, look's solid as!

Not sure where you could gusset yours to add extra strength, GreenEyez mate. Might work tho'?

Back