Illuminated entry/exit feature not working (2006 Ford Explorer) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Illuminated entry/exit feature not working (2006 Ford Explorer)

Kuwaitexplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi Guys!

I'm wandering if you could help me figure out why the Illuminated entry/exit feature is not working properly for my 2006 Ford Explorer.

The Interior lights does not "turn-on" automatically when I exit/entry the car. Sometimes, it's working but most of the time it doesnt work automatic. Does the entry/exit feature has light sensor or anything? I don't want to lose this feature since this is very useful especially in night time which you don't need to manually switch on the interior lights.

Thanks for your time guys :)

What I would do is check the obvious first. Like the dimmer switch first to make sure that not all the way to the bottom (off position). Then check your overhead lamps, most or all of them will have a "off-door-on" switch. Make sure those are on door. Other than the obvious I will have to think on this one. Hope its an easy fix! :)

-Nate

Hi Guys!

I'm wandering if you could help me figure out why the Illuminated entry/exit feature is not working properly for my 2006 Ford Explorer.

The Interior lights does not "turn-on" automatically when I exit/entry the car. Sometimes, it's working but most of the time it doesnt work automatic. Does the entry/exit feature has light sensor or anything? I don't want to lose this feature since this is very useful especially in night time which you don't need to manually switch on the interior lights.

Thanks for your time guys :)

Back