MY2012 now showing on www.ford.com | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MY2012 now showing on www.ford.com

new to ford

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester Hills, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
11XLT202A 17Sport401A
FORD site has been updated as of this morning, how exciting!:thumbsup:

Makes me wish I would have waited for a MY2012, but on the other hand, I would have been without the ex for the last six months:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FORD site has been updated as of this morning, how exciting!:thumbsup:

Makes me wish I would have waited for a MY2012, but on the other hand, I would have been without the ex for the last six months:D

Hmm. I wish I could be that excited about its release, but even after checking out the info on Ford.com, the improvements/highlights for the 2012 model weren't really apparent.

I just picked up my 2011 XLT a few weeks ago and--aside from the fact my wife (who just "had to" have it) would now rather drive the used Infiniti I just bought instead--we're very happy with it. :rolleyes: Will be taking it onto the beach in OBX in about 4 weeks, so I'm interested to see how Terrain Management really works.

Tim

I just priced out an identically equipped 2012 and the MSRP was $580 more and I also got a $500 incentive which is not currently available.

I just priced out an identically equipped 2012 and the MSRP was $580 more and I also got a $500 incentive which is not currently available.

I looked at pricing (Canadian pricing isn't out yet) but unless I'm mistaken it looks like they really upped the price of the tri-coat white? Its now a $495 option - thought it was $295 in US before?

I looked at pricing (Canadian pricing isn't out yet) but unless I'm mistaken it looks like they really upped the price of the tri-coat white? Its now a $495 option - thought it was $295 in US before?
The Platinum White Tri-coat was $300 (CDN) on my 2011 Ltd.

Nice that it's available without MFT now.

The 2012 models now showing up on Ford.ca for the Canadians. They've bundled a lot of the options and for some reason there is no price increase for the white tri-coat?

.... and now they've taken it down again ... hope it wasn't to fix the price of tri-coat!!

Yes - and tricoat white/red costs the same as any other colour. The US options cost more, but also appear to bundle more.

Okay ... priced out a Limited (with hitch, electronics/seats (302A?) and navigation).

Price in US - $46,130 US

Price in Canada (MSRP - no discounts) - $49,579 Cdn = $51,500 US
Price in Canada (with employee discount) - $45,225 Cdn = $47,000 US

This explains EXACTLY why I won't even consider buying from Ford Canada unless they are running an employee discount ... and why as a Canadian I often feel ripped off. $51,500 versus $46,130 a difference of $5,000 plus 13% HST tax so $5,650 total difference from US pricing.

When I bought my 2011 Explorer Limited (tri-coat) the price including tax came to $51,779 (CDN). Incentives reduced this by $2,000. When I built a comparable 2012 model the price is now $52,805 (CDN) after the Employee Discount of $4,599. Looks like quite a jump in the overall price!

nvmd

When I bought my 2011 Explorer Limited (tri-coat) the price including tax came to $51,779 (CDN). Incentives reduced this by $2,000. When I built a comparable 2012 model the price is now $52,805 (CDN) after the Employee Discount of $4,599. Looks like quite a jump in the overall price!

Are you sure it is an apples to apples comparison? They re-bundled some of the options, so perhaps optioning price went up, but you get more?

Also, you may have negotiated down further than the MSRP and $2,000 incentives?

Last time I did the analysis (about 3 months ago) I noticed a $500 price drop this year, due to bundling of BLIS in with option package. and base MSRP doesn't appear to have changed in that time?

2012 gas mileage?

Why has the gas MPG gone up in the '12 as shown on Ford site? Is it the "Eco" engine mileage they show? Everthing else is the same...eng, trans.

Are you sure it is an apples to apples comparison? They re-bundled some of the options, so perhaps optioning price went up, but you get more?

Also, you may have negotiated down further than the MSRP and $2,000 incentives?

Last time I did the analysis (about 3 months ago) I noticed a $500 price drop this year, due to bundling of BLIS in with option package. and base MSRP doesn't appear to have changed in that time?
The 2011 has the Technology Pkg and Luxury Seating Pkg, Voice Activated Nav and Dual Moonroof. Equipment Group 302A. No hitch or towing package so I would say that, Yes, I'm comparing apples to apples. The $51,779 was before any discounts were applied whereas the $52,805 is after a discount of $4599 (Employee Pricing).

The 2011 has the Technology Pkg and Luxury Seating Pkg, Voice Activated Nav and Dual Moonroof. Equipment Group 302A. No hitch or towing package so I would say that, Yes, I'm comparing apples to apples. The $51,779 was before any discounts were applied whereas the $52,805 is after a discount of $4599 (Employee Pricing).

When I price it out for 2012, I get $50,469 (after $4,367 in employee discounts and including HST in Ontario of 13%). That would be $42,199 base price, plus $5,250 in options (tech package, $2,800, Moonroof $1,750, navigation $700) plus Freight of $1,450, AC tax of $!30 and 13% HST) I see you're in Ontario, so what else caused your number to go to $52,805? The DVD system?

302A now includes the luxury seating package and BLIS, which used to be $900 and $500 respectively.

Ohh - and while they don't show the white tri-coat adding to the price, the sneak it into the options total without telling you! Grrr!

Why has the gas MPG gone up in the '12 as shown on Ford site? Is it the "Eco" engine mileage they show? Everthing else is the same...eng, trans.

Yeah, that is the Ecoboost mileage. I hope more people can attain EPA numbers for this engine compared to the V6.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford Canada website took down the 2012 Explorer again. Maybe they are fixing pricing discrepancies?

Ahh - but you can sneak back in to the 2012 through another link under shopping tools :)

Back