Canadian Orders? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canadian Orders?

Spring77

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 LTD
I ordered a 2012 Limited out of Canada on 06/16. I haven't heard anything as of yet in regards to VIN or build date.

Just wondering, are there are any Canadian orders that have received VIN # etc?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered a 2012 Limited out of Canada on 06/16. I haven't heard anything as of yet in regards to VIN or build date.

Just wondering, are there are any Canadian orders that have received VIN # etc?
I looked into your question and found there have been Canadian orders that have received VINs! I saw your last PM about your order and as soon as you send your order number, I’ll check to see if yours is one of them!

Cory

Hey spring77, i ordered on June 27 and called my salesman last week and he told me that he had no VIN yet. I sent Cory a PM and 25 minutes later he sent me my VIN. I am in Montreal, hoping to be driving my ex in August...fingers crossed!

Hey spring77, i ordered on June 27 and called my salesman last week and he told me that he had no VIN yet. I sent Cory a PM and 25 minutes later he sent me my VIN. I am in Montreal, hoping to be driving my ex in August...fingers crossed!
My fingers are crossed too shaneymack! I’m glad I was able to share the good news! :D

Cory

Thanks for the feedback shaneymack. Great to hear that there are some Canadian orders rolling out. Any word on a build date?

Cory was kind enough to check the status of my order, unfortunately it is not scheduled yet & no VIN # has been assigned. I placed my order 06/16 so hopefully I will hear something shortly! ;)

Originally had ordered a 2011 which got cancelled and the dealer ordered us a 2012 over a month ago, to this date since the order was put in and accepted I still don't have a VIN. Starting to think Ford doesn't care about the Canadian orders. Starting to get a little disappointed in Ford, especially seeing as how others on the forum who ordered around the same time I did had their VIN's in no time.

Originally had ordered a 2011 which got cancelled and the dealer ordered us a 2012 over a month ago, to this date since the order was put in and accepted I still don't have a VIN. Starting to think Ford doesn't care about the Canadian orders. Starting to get a little disappointed in Ford, especially seeing as how others on the forum who ordered around the same time I did had their VIN's in no time.

I have to say, I don't understand this either. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with CDN vs. US orders...but why do some orders receive VIN's within days of ordering and others (like myself) go 6+ weeks and have no progress on their orders at all? Maybe Cory could shed some light?

I have to say, I don't understand this either. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with CDN vs. US orders...but why do some orders receive VIN's within days of ordering and others (like myself) go 6+ weeks and have no progress on their orders at all? Maybe Cory could shed some light?
No updates on your order yet Spring77, but I’m keeping my eye on it! ;)

Ford does care about Canadian customers CDNExplr! To prove it, I did some research and sent you a private message with the details! :D

Cory

Ford does care about Canadian customers CDNExplr! To prove it, I did some research and sent you a private message with the details! :D

Cory

Thanks Cory, I really appreciate you keeping an eye on it.

Do you know if there is any particular reason some orders get "filled" before others? Is it due to the package/trim of the specific order? Or just luck of the draw? You would think vehicles would be built in order of the date the order was placed (earlier you order the sooner it's built), but obviously this isn't the case.

Thanks for the feedback shaneymack. Great to hear that there are some Canadian orders rolling out. Any word on a build date?

Cory was kind enough to check the status of my order, unfortunately it is not scheduled yet & no VIN # has been assigned. I placed my order 06/16 so hopefully I will hear something shortly! ;)[/QUOTe

I can't access my window sticker yet so i am unsure of the build date. Should be able to view my window sticker by next week. I will update you when i have my build date.

Cory

Lol thanks Cory, you've restored my faith in Ford, lol. Thanks for the update. :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Cory, I really appreciate you keeping an eye on it.

Do you know if there is any particular reason some orders get "filled" before others? Is it due to the package/trim of the specific order? Or just luck of the draw? You would think vehicles would be built in order of the date the order was placed (earlier you order the sooner it's built), but obviously this isn't the case.
Spring77,

Yes, it does have to do with each order’s options. The system combines the orders automatically and calculates the fastest overall shipping order from what I’ve been told.

I can't access my window sticker yet so i am unsure of the build date. Should be able to view my window sticker by next week. I will update you when i have my build date.
Your window sticker won’t be available until about four days before your Explorer should roll off the line. shaneymack, drop me a line via PM when you feel your curiosity is too great for another update! :)

Lol thanks Cory, you've restored my faith in Ford, lol. Thanks for the update. :) :thumbsup:
That really means a lot to me, CDNExplr! That’s exactly why I’m here! I hope that made your weekend a bit better! :D

Cory

I ordered a base 4x4 with towing package on June 28th, and still no news. I have PMs going with Cory to check every week.

What do you guys mean by "accessing your window sticker"? I'm new here as you might understand :)

I ordered a base 4x4 with towing package on June 28th, and still no news. I have PMs going with Cory to check every week.

What do you guys mean by "accessing your window sticker"? I'm new here as you might understand :)
GVerreault,
The online window sticker we’re referring to is a URL you can copy and paste your VIN in:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<insertvinhere>

The page will show “The VIN entered was not found in our system…” until it updates about four days before your Explorer is expected to roll off the line. I hope that answers your question! :)

Cory

The online window sticker we’re referring to is a URL you can copy and paste your VIN in:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<insertvinhere>

The page will show “The VIN entered was not found in our system…” until it updates about four days before your Explorer is expected to roll off the line. I hope that answers your question! :)

Cory

Great! I'll check with you next week to see if I have my VIN!
Thanks Cory

Great! I'll check with you next week to see if I have my VIN!
Thanks Cory
You’re welcome, GVerreault! I’ll have my fingers crossed for your order to be scheduled and have a VIN assigned by then! :)

Cory

I can now see my window sticker and my explorer should be built by This week. I called my dealer and he said he has September 12th as the date which he will receive it but he said that will most likely change and it should arrive sooner.

Back