Because RangerX said so | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Because RangerX said so

On my recent trip out to Cali, Bill mentioned in passing that I needed to put 37" tires on my truck. Well I happened to run across a set for a reasonable price and thought why not. I pulled the rig out of storage this weekend and threw them on. I still need to trim the fenders, but so far so good. I may have to actually start playing with this thing again.

picture.php

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice:D What kind of wheels are those?

Nice:D What kind of wheels are those?

Thanks, these are quite the change from the boggers. These are military hummer surplus from trailworthyfab, recentered to 5x4.5 bold pattern.

Nice! Let's see, who else can I tell what to do...?!! :D

Jay, let's see the tread pattern.

Nice! Let's see, who else can I tell what to do...?!! :D

Jay, let's see the tread pattern.

I'm at work, this is the best I can do right now.
picture.php

d35 go into self destruct mode.

I am sorry, i was being facetious. Yes, you are correct. I have been wheeling this thing since '96 and am well aware what parts I will be breaking... again. I am OK with that, for now anyway.

Meh, I've run and wheeled 37's for 10 years now, with stock axles. I don't break any more often than anyone else. :dunno:

Meh, I've run and wheeled 37's for 10 years now, with stock axles. I don't break any more often than anyone else. :dunno:

This is true. I think you've broken more radius arms than shafts:p:

They're tied - one broken axle shaft, and only one broken radius arm, Dave!

I am more worried about my rear ARB. I managed to break 3 of them with my boggers. I wheel like a wuss compared to my younger days, so I am hoping that will be to my advantage.

so whats the ride like? smooth or rough? and what do they actually measure from the ground?

so whats the ride like? smooth or rough? and what do they actually measure from the ground?
I would have to say smooth, but i am comparing it against my boggers. I can't say what the ride is like on the highway as I have only driven it around town, it spends most of it's life in the trailer. The tires aren't balanced but up to 50mph (fastest I have gone with them on) it is better then my boggers were and they were balanced! I am running 20psi in them right now, only because the is waht they were at when I bought them. That might be helping some too. The overall height of these, as installed come in right at 36" They are about 70% tread and squat a little. I have a 95% spare in the garage that measured just a touch under 37"

Nice, Jay! Much better looking than the 33" boggers!
Thanks! I love them. This purchase has motivated me to start playing with it again too. I am thinking Moab 2012 might be in my future.

Quick update on this. I increased the pressure to 3o all around and i didn't really care for it. Extremely rough ride as compared to the 20 psi that they were at, you can definitely "feel" a lot more of the road. I will be playing with the pressure some to see what works. Over all I am still very happy with the purchase.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back